Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
2023 Limited
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious to see some other’s final ‘OTD’ as they pick up their ‘23s, and maybe give some folks on the fence a good idea of what to expect as they shop the competition.

Emphasis on ‘OTD’ as that has so many meanings when it comes to cars with so many different price indicators - base price, MSRP, accessories, doc fees, warranty, etc.

Also would like to joke that my wife’s ‘barely over 40k’ car easily turned into ‘barely over 50k’ when it was all said and done 😂

First two pictures show our VIP pricing quote when we ordered (excluding the $500 ASPCA donation) with $1000 deposit. Third shows our final sheet at the dealer.

All in we finished at $50,237 including the 10/100k/$0 Gold Plus and the $500 donation, or $47,737 if you exclude those for our ‘23 limited with the tech package and some key accessories.

Font Rectangle Parallel Number Pattern

Font Number Circle Parallel

Font Material property Parallel Document Number

· Registered
2023 Ascent Onyx Limited
442 Posts
What are the "Options: $99.95" in the second picture? That is the only thing I see on here that isn't really expected. "Subaru Added Security: $2,000" in the third picture is the extended warranty I'm guessing. What were the terms for that? You've got a little less that $3K in sales tax. Guessing no trade in to push that down. In my state I pay sales tax, tag, and license after the fact at the tag agency. $353 in fees is not bad at all as it appears to include your state fees (title, license, ect). My dealer has a $399 doc fee that doesn't include those things. Pretty standard (or even low) around here. Toyota dealership next to it is $599.

All in all it looks pretty good. For those wanting an apples to apples comparison compare, you probably want to subtract out the taxes, non-doc fees, and warranty. So $44,661.95.

· Registered
2023 Limited
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What are the "Options: $99.95" in the second picture? That is the only thing I see on here that isn't really expected. "Subaru Added Security: $2,000" in the third picture is the extended warranty I'm guessing. What were the terms for that?
The $99.95 was for the first three years of Starlink. The $2000 was the SOA Gold Plus for 10 years / 100k miles / $0 deductible.

No trade on this one unfortunately so the full 6.25% tax burden here in Texas.

· Registered
354 Posts
I don't have all the details yet, but the MSRP of our 2023 Limited is about $49k. We were told the VIP pricing would put us around $45k. This is before any warranty, taxes, etc.

I'm happy to share the details once we get the 2023.

· Registered
2023 Ascent Onyx Limited
442 Posts
The $99.95 was for the first three years of Starlink. The $2000 was the SOA Gold Plus for 10 years / 100k miles / $0 deductible.

No trade on this one unfortunately so the full 6.25% tax burden here in Texas.
I don't know for sure, but that seems like a pretty good deal on the warranty. At one point they had a post on here for a deal to get it, but I think it might have been removed.

· Registered
104 Posts
Curious to see some other’s final ‘OTD’ as they pick up their ‘23s, and maybe give some folks on the fence a good idea of what to expect as they shop the competition.

Emphasis on ‘OTD’ as that has so many meanings when it comes to cars with so many different price indicators - base price, MSRP, accessories, doc fees, warranty, etc.

Also would like to joke that my wife’s ‘barely over 40k’ car easily turned into ‘barely over 50k’ when it was all said and done 😂

First two pictures show our VIP pricing quote when we ordered (excluding the $500 ASPCA donation) with $1000 deposit. Third shows our final sheet at the dealer.

All in we finished at $50,237 including the 10/100k/$0 Gold Plus and the $500 donation, or $47,737 if you exclude those for our ‘23 limited with the tech package and some key accessories.

View attachment 19083
View attachment 19084
View attachment 19085
It looks like we are in the same state based on the taxes/fees. Which dealership are you getting the 10/100k/$0 Gold Plus for $2K? I am picking up mine tomorrow.
Thanks.

· Registered
354 Posts
I don't know for sure, but that seems like a pretty good deal on the warranty. At one point they had a post on here for a deal to get it, but I think it might have been removed.
This is a good starting point for warranty costs. As noted in the screenshot, costs have gone up a little bit since the list was created:

Rectangle Font Parallel Number Pattern

· Registered
16 Posts
This is super helpful! I’m picking up my Onyx Limited on Wednesday or Thursday (pending delivery on (hopefully) Wednesday) with VIP pricing, so this is great to know in advance +/- what to expect.

View attachment 19083
View attachment 19084
View attachment 19085

· Registered
2022 Ascent Onyx, Ice Silver
1,096 Posts
I paid $2051 for the same 10/100/0 last November, so yes, a good deal!

· Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
6,279 Posts
One issue with OTD price comparisons is the great variability in taxation across all the buying jurisdictions. Even registration costs have a "yuge" range, depending on where one lives/buys. It might be more fair to compare things with the taxes removed...just vehicle/options, accessories and "dealer services", as it were. Everything "except" taxes/government fees because the dealer has no control over those.

· Registered
477 Posts
I don't know if all trim lines carry the same invoice discount %, but that would be the place to start from as @Jim_in_PA says above.

We have a Limited with OP23, Ext auto dimming mirrors, and splash guards. MSRP was $46,836. Invoice pricing for us was $3471 off MSRP...or $43,365. ...or a 7.41% discount to MSRP. I guess you'd have to subtract the $500 given to the ASPCA to be accurate. Using the VIP program, you're getting the vehicle for $500 over invoice which would then be a 6.34% discount from MSRP.

· Registered
2023 Limited
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hahaha, Nervous laughter. We snagged 2.99% for 36 months from the local credit union. You do the math.

In reality though it was easier to finance the whole purchase and sort out our down payment with the bank instead of splitting payment at the dealer.

But yes these babies are pricey (as are most new SUVs).

· Registered
354 Posts
Hahaha, Nervous laughter. We snagged 2.99% for 36 months from the local credit union. You do the math.

In reality though it was easier to finance the whole purchase and sort out our down payment with the bank instead of splitting payment at the dealer.

But yes these babies are pricey (as are most new SUVs).
That seems like a crazy good interest rate. My credit union starts at 4.9%. I can't find anything cheaper locally yet. I was just going to go with Subaru's 3.9%.

· Registered
2023 Limited
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That seems like a crazy good interest rate. My credit union starts at 4.9%. I can't find anything cheaper locally yet. I was just going to go with Subaru's 3.9%.
We actually had an initial delivery date of ‘mid November’ and were planning on rolling with the 3.9% from SOA. When that got pushed to the 27th +/- I didn’t want to risk rolling over to the unknown December rates so I started looking around.

Agreed though 2.99% was a steal and makes the payments worth it to save on interest.

· Registered
354 Posts
We actually had an initial delivery date of ‘mid November’ and were planning on rolling with the 3.9% from SOA. When that got pushed to the 27th +/- I didn’t want to risk rolling over to the unknown December rates so I started looking around.

Agreed though 2.99% was a steal and makes the payments worth it to save on interest.
Ours was supposed to be delivered originally on the 19th. That got pushed back to today (29th) and still no call (I've been texting my salesperson nearly every day for the past 2 weeks, probably annoyed him by now. haha). I'm REALLY REALLY REALLY hoping we can pick it up tomorrow (the 30th). If it arrives tomorrow then we plan on christening it this weekend by driving over the cascade passes (which picked up 1 to 2 ft of snow just today and more to come).

1 - 20 of 35 Posts