Subaru Ascent Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Folks may find this video helpful in assessing this color as well, comes across a bit redder in this footage.

I have been seriously considering seeing if I could change my order to this color, as I am starting to have some concerns about Cosmic Blue Pearl from the photos that have been shared. Seems Cosmic Blue Pearl will look amazing with Onyx trim, but I am a bit worried how it will look with the Touring trim. I am really not a red guy though so don't think I can quite make the jump to Dark Mahogany Pearl, and my wife isn't feeling it. I bet it ends up being stunning in person and is one of the most interesting colors of this generation.

Guess I am sticking with Cosmic Blue Pearl and keeping my fingers crossed I dig it in person. No other color offerings are quite what we are looking for, can't go wrong with blue right?

EDIT: Some other photos that comes across more red/crimson than purple 23 Dark Mahogany Pearl Touring | Subaru Outback Forums
I agree, in the real life photos is looks more red/crimson. Very similar to the Honda Dark Cherry Pearl. Great looking color.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car

·
Registered
Just ordered a '23 Ascent Touring
67 Posts
I am calling my dealer tomorrow to do the same! I ordered a white Touring but I just know I'm going to regret not getting the mahogany when I finally see it.
I'm the other way around. I ordered the mahogany and then saw the color on an Outback. It proved to be the most purple mahogany I ever saw, so, I phoned my salesman and got it changed to black.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Heads up for those considering switching colors. I explored it with my dealer even though I was still leaning cosmic blue pearl, and he said the color is one of the few things that is difficult to change without fully resubmitting the order and moving to the back of the line. Said they can toy with options/port installed accessories, but color can be trickier. Was enough for me to stick with my original plan of CBP.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yea, I didn't end up changing mine after thinking about it more this morning. I'm going to stick with Crystal White Pearl. I just can't do it without ever seeing the color in person and I haven't seen an Outback with that color yet. It also concerned me that when you build a 2023 Outback you can't choose the brown leather with the Dark Mahogany Pearl and I definitely want the brown leather and don't want to take a chance with that.

·
Registered
Just ordered a '23 Ascent Touring
67 Posts
Heads up for those considering switching colors. I explored it with my dealer even though I was still leaning cosmic blue pearl, and he said the color is one of the few things that is difficult to change without fully resubmitting the order and moving to the back of the line. Said they can toy with options/port installed accessories, but color can be trickier. Was enough for me to stick with my original plan of CBP.
I ordered on a Saturday, changed it the following Tuesday. I think I’ll be fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So, I did end up changing my color to the Dark Mahogany Pearl. I emailed my salesman on Friday and asked if I would go to the back of the line with my order if I did that and he said he could do it now but in 2-3 weeks he wouldn't be able to without me getting out of line. I assume that is when they will start production and since they haven't started yet it is still ok. So he switched it for me. I was able to see some new photos online of the Outback in this color and I love it.

Also, with the Ascent you CAN get the java brown interior with the Dark Mahogany Pearl exterior. Not sure why they chose to not let you on the Outback.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts