Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordering a 2023 Touring and leaning towards Dark Mahogany. A little scared as hard to tell actual color from pictures. Anyone actually see the color or anyone taking a chance on it being awesome?

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited, 2015 WRX, 2022 OB Onyx
4,935 Posts
Ordering a 2023 Touring and leaning towards Dark Mahogany. A little scared as hard to tell actual color from pictures. Anyone actually see the color or anyone taking a chance on it being awesome?
I would rely on the marketing videos compared to still imagery as your best guidance. I wanted that color but I am not ordering a Touring, so I am out of luck.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
17 Posts
Dark Mahogany Pearl is also available on the 2023 Outback. Here are a couple pictures from someone on the Outback Forums. Yes, the Outback offers it on the Limited trim but the Ascent doesn't 🙃.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dark Mahogany Pearl is also available on the 2023 Outback. Here are a couple pictures from someone on the Outback Forums. Yes, the Outback offers it on the Limited trim but the Ascent doesn't 🙃.
Wow that actually looks very sharp, has me almost wishing I went thay way over the cosmic blue pearl for my 2023 Touring. Online outback builder photos made it look more red, this for sure looks like a nice dark purple.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Correct. As i recall it was on a crosstrek. We actually drove sround the block to take another look and hated it. All subjective though. You might love it. I changed my build color that night.
Probably not many cosmic blue pearl cars out in the wild yet as it is just a 2023 color right? I also don't see it as an option with the crosstrek. Here is a thread with some early cosmic blue pearl photos. Starting a thread for Cosmic Blue Pearl pics

If only we were getting an Ascent Wilderness Edition in 2023, geyser blue with the copper accents is incredible. I am blown away every time I see it in person.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited, 2015 WRX, 2022 OB Onyx
4,935 Posts
Probably not many cosmic blue pearl cars out in the wild yet as it is just a 2023 color right? I also don't see it as an option with the crosstrek. Here is a thread with some early cosmic blue pearl photos. Starting a thread for Cosmic Blue Pearl pics

If only we were getting an Ascent Wilderness Edition in 2023, geyser blue with the copper accents is incredible. I am blown away every time I see it in person.
The vehicle we saw had a wilderness badge. Might be able to locate it again in the neighborhood and snap a photo.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
17 Posts
Here is a thread with some early cosmic blue pearl photos. Starting a thread for Cosmic Blue Pearl pics
Here are the posts from @csc_outbacklimited that are referenced in #20 of that thread. Scroll down in the thread for some pics in sunlight.

My mom has an Abyss Blue Ascent Touring and I prefer it over what I've seen of Cosmic Blue. But I'll reserve my judgement until I see it in person. Abyss Blue is hard to beat as one of my favorite colors from Subaru.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My wife just got her ASPCA VIP paperwork.. Ordering a white 2023 Touring - paperwork is almost done, just needed the VIP paperwork and we sign for it next Saturday :) Hope we have it for Christmas
I just checked on my order for a cosmic blue Ascent “premium” with my Subaru dealer in New York City and my projected date to receive the vehicle is on October 31st. I hope my 18 inch wheels are hot as their are no pictures of it anywhere!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Folks may find this video helpful in assessing this color as well, comes across a bit redder in this footage.

I have been seriously considering seeing if I could change my order to this color, as I am starting to have some concerns about Cosmic Blue Pearl from the photos that have been shared. Seems Cosmic Blue Pearl will look amazing with Onyx trim, but I am a bit worried how it will look with the Touring trim. I am really not a red guy though so don't think I can quite make the jump to Dark Mahogany Pearl, and my wife isn't feeling it. I bet it ends up being stunning in person and is one of the most interesting colors of this generation.

Guess I am sticking with Cosmic Blue Pearl and keeping my fingers crossed I dig it in person. No other color offerings are quite what we are looking for, can't go wrong with blue right?

EDIT: Some other photos that comes across more red/crimson than purple 23 Dark Mahogany Pearl Touring | Subaru Outback Forums

1 - 20 of 28 Posts