Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just picked up my 23 Onyx Limited, Will check it when I can and report back. I have noticed the newer 4 cylinders especially to A.) Increase some in oil level due to fuel or B.) Losing oil level due to burning oil ever so slightly. This is due to the piston rings not being as tight allowing better gas mileage due to less friction.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good information and point on A.) I Made. I’d agree.
I’ve built engines, the performance engines we do a tighter gap, for regular vehicles we do not. It is due to what I previously said. If you don’t agree you don’t have to 👍🏼

·
Registered
12 Posts
We have 175 miles on the car. It dawned on me to check the oil level given the concerns of many here about fuel contamination. Here's the dipstick 14 hours after the last shut off. It's a little hard to see, but it's halfway up from the fill mark to the spiral. I'm sure they put 5 qts. in....probably with a gun. I'd be curious to see what others taking delivery are seeing for oil level on their brand new vehicle? The important thing is to track it from here.

View attachment 18883
Hey Just checked mine and it’s high as well.
I will be contacting dealer tomorrow but kinda weird is this high. Have you gotten any answer from Subaru?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts