Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
We have 175 miles on the car. It dawned on me to check the oil level given the concerns of many here about fuel contamination. Here's the dipstick 14 hours after the last shut off. It's a little hard to see, but it's halfway up from the fill mark to the spiral. I'm sure they put 5 qts. in....probably with a gun. I'd be curious to see what others taking delivery are seeing for oil level on their brand new vehicle? The important thing is to track it from here.

View attachment 18883
Did you say they underfilled it or overfilled it?

· Registered
59 Posts
Thank you. Let me check the oil level at 0 mile upon taking delivery, and see how it change over time.
We have 175 miles on the car. It dawned on me to check the oil level given the concerns of many here about fuel contamination. Here's the dipstick 14 hours after the last shut off. It's a little hard to see, but it's halfway up from the fill mark to the spiral. I'm sure they put 5 qts. in....probably with a gun. I'd be curious to see what others taking delivery are seeing for oil level on their brand new vehicle? The important thing is to track it from here.

View attachment 18883
Got to check the oil level today after driving back home, at around 20 miles. The oil level is similar to what you have posted.

· Registered
59 Posts

View attachment 18883
Found this in the reference manual:
Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Drawing

Font Rectangle Handwriting Circle Number

If there are 1.1 qt between the two markers, and there are 4.8 qt under the "max" line, it looks like pumping 5 qt will end up having an oil level slightly over the max line, just like what we have seen.
Don't know if it is a valid hypothesis or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts