Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2019 Ascent Limited, 2015 WRX, 2022 OB Onyx
5,271 Posts
I have a 2023 Ascent and the driver door unlock itself when the key fob is not around. Help please.
we would need additional information as to the circumstances that surrounds this event.

where was the FOB at the time of the unlock (distance and environment from vehicle)?

Did you actually hear the door unlock?

What do you mean when you say Ascent AND the driver door as compared to driver door? did all the doors unlock at once or just the driver's door?

what are your current unlock settings for doors?

do you typically use the FOB for locking and unlocking?

do you use the door handle for locking and or unlocking?

Does anyone else use the vehicle?

do you use starlink to lock or unlock the vehicle?

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Packout,
The key FOB stays in the closet when not being use about more or less 50ft away. I don't hear the door unlock. I just noticed at times when I go to the car, the car won't unlock when I reach to the door handle and the alarm won't chime, but the driver's door is already unlock and the rest of the doors are locked.
The settings for the doors are when you reach to the driver door handle, the alarm will disable and all the doors will unlock. When you press the key fob unlock once, the alarm disables and only the driver's door will unlock. I don't use Starlink to lock and unlock door coz I dont know how to use it.

· Registered
2019 Ascent Limited, 2015 WRX, 2022 OB Onyx
5,271 Posts
Packout,
The key FOB stays in the closet when not being use about more or less 50ft away. I don't hear the door unlock. I just noticed at times when I go to the car, the car won't unlock when I reach to the door handle and the alarm won't chime, but the driver's door is already unlock and the rest of the doors are locked.
The settings for the doors are when you reach to the driver door handle, the alarm will disable and all the doors will unlock. When you press the key fob unlock once, the alarm disables and only the driver's door will unlock. I don't use Starlink to lock and unlock door coz I dont know how to use it.
Just to be sure, I suggest checking the settings and replacing the battery in the FOB. There have been no widely reported instances of these problems, but certainly there is room for the sensor in a few handle units being a problem.

I covered my FOB with the silicone cover for both my 2019 and 2023 Ascent FOBs, just so there would be no inadvertent presses which prior to the cover I did experience on my 2019.

· Registered
23 Ascent Premium, 20 Outback; former 19 Outback, 87 GL-10, 85 GL
78 Posts
Packout,
Sounds like you are inadvertently pressing the unlock button on the fob in your pocket while walking away and then discovering it later when you return to the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts