Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Touring (incoming)
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a 2022 Touring on the way as it should be here next week. Yes, I know about the 2023 but have opted to stick with the 2022. This will be a family car, with our older kids driving we don't need a minivan any longer. Plus my wife wanted to get back into an AWD vehicle.

I was an original owner of a 2002 WRX (purchased in 2001), but that vehicle is long gone. So, I guess this makes it our second Subaru. I drive a turbo Miata or sometimes our LJ Rubicon (both manual transmission :)) when the older kids aren't driving it.

Looking forward to Ascent ownership! BTW, my username is from a movie, I'm not an animal or a mother. Just a dad.

Matt

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all, I have a 2022 Touring on the way as it should be here next week. Yes, I know about the 2023 but have opted to stick with the 2022. This will be a family car, with our older kids driving we don't need a minivan any longer. Plus my wife wanted to get back into an AWD vehicle.

I was an original owner of a 2002 WRX (purchased in 2001), but that vehicle is long gone. So, I guess this makes it our second Subaru. I drive a turbo Miata or sometimes our LJ Rubicon (both manual transmission :)) when the older kids aren't driving it.

Looking forward to Ascent ownership! BTW, my username is from a movie, I'm not an animal or a mother. Just a dad.

Matt
Hi!
Welcome. I just got my first Subaru. Love it. There is one thing I would like from the 2023, the 360 degree camera. Maybe they will offer an upgrade. I am new to the forum too.

·
Registered
2022 Touring (incoming)
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi!
Welcome. I just got my first Subaru. Love it. There is one thing I would like from the 2023, the 360 degree camera. Maybe they will offer an upgrade. I am new to the forum too.
thanks, Mambisa! Great to hear you are enjoying your car. Agreed, I would have liked the 360 camera as we used it often on our prior vehicle. I believe the front and rear cameras will be good enough. I doubt there will be any kind of upgrade as that system requires additional cameras (mounted to the mirrors) and integration with the screens and software systems inside the vehicle.

Matt

·
Registered
12 Posts
One thing I’m still very disappointed with on the 2023 changes is the climate controls integrated with the touch screen. I drove a loaner outback recently and wow did I hate it. It really eliminates the ability to navigate the climate by feel alone while driving. Now you’ll be required to look at the screen to make sure you’re touching the right buttons.
I think we all knew this day would come but I was hopeful they might leave it out of the ascent all together. There’s just something special about being able to crank up heat/cool/fan speed all with the feel of your fingertips!

·
Registered
2022 Touring (incoming)
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One thing I’m still very disappointed with on the 2023 changes is the climate controls integrated with the touch screen. I drove a loaner outback recently and wow did I hate it. It really eliminates the ability to navigate the climate by feel alone while driving. Now you’ll be required to look at the screen to make sure you’re touching the right buttons.
I think we all knew this day would come but I was hopeful they might leave it out of the ascent all together. There’s just something special about being able to crank up heat/cool/fan speed all with the feel of your fingertips!
Thank you for the feedback, and agreed. I would like a larger screen for phone integration, however, we both prefer physical controls (at this point). In the future we might change our minds, but we'll stick with the 2022 for now and see where it takes us.

Matt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts