Subaru Ascent Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Administrator
11,404 Posts
Me too. So, it's just a matter of locking the doors so the pressure doesn't pop the filler cap.

·
Registered
21 Ascent Premium, 18 Outback Ltd 2.5
550 Posts
I only use a touchless laser wash in which i drive it in, place it in park, remain in the vehicle, and the machine travels around my stationary vehicle. The Ascent doesn"t move u.til I slowly drive it out during the drying sequence.
I've never heard of this before, interesting! I'll have to look for one near me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just went through a drive-through car wash for the first time in my 2022 Ascent. Forgot to deactivate AVH and got to test it's effectiveness in holding the vehicle. It passed the test! Then I quickly turned it off while the workers reset the track rollers... 🤦

·
Registered
550 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi- What I meant by a non self driving car wash is...I am not in the car as it goes through the wash. Self driving=you can sit in the car and drive through the wash
Have you tried it with everything on? Mines been thru a hundred car washes and I've never turned off anything. No issues.

·
Administrator
11,404 Posts
Have you tried it with everything on? Mines been thru a hundred car washes and I've never turned off anything. No issues.
Mine has jammed on the brakes three times, and once I have had to turn off auto vehicle hold for an attendant. I do go through far more car washes than most people though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi-

I read up on what to turn off before taking the Ascent to a car wash.

When I turn off the pre collision braking...it reads "OFF" on the main panel...but when I turn off the engine and get back in my car...the off is illuminated for about 4 seconds and then disappears. I would think that this means that it is back on. The same for the lane changing (stay in your line prompt). They both will turn off and read off, but appear to turn back on when the engine is turned off and on again.
When I am at a car wash- I can turn off the pre collision braking,, but my engine gets turned off when they are vacuuming etc...once they turn the engine back on, it will engage this feature again. (and I won't be in the car to turn it off) How am I supposed to go to a non self driving car wash when I am not in the car if the pre collision braking comes back on if the engine turns off and back on?
I own a 2020 Ascent Touring. I go through a full service car wash weekly. I leave the keys in the car and put it in neutral. Never had a problem. " I think " you're over thinking this .

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
1,278 Posts
I own a 2020 Ascent Touring. I go through a full service car wash weekly. I leave the keys in the car and put it in neutral. Never had a problem. " I think " you're over thinking this .
If the ignition is ON, Eyesight is able to function. Being in neutral is irrelevant to the braking system.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,590 Posts
^^ This...when (not if) the pre-collision braking slams on in the middle of the car wash, it will suddenly be an issue. It takes about three seconds to press the button to turn off the feature and to put the wipers to "off" for Touring models with automatic wipers.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Wow ... I go to both sit-in and get-out and it rides through unoccupied car washes. I never do anything different ... wondering why my ascent is not throwing itself into fits with all of the obvious incursions into it's safety zones that car washes provide ... oh well...

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've always used the 'Lazer' touchless washes or equivalent wherever I go. The ones where you park, and the machinery moves around the car. I've never had a problem with 2 Outbacks and my Ascent. Im a ham radio operator and have antennas on my car, the HF antenna fold over and is masked by the crossrail. I finally got a short stand-up U/VHF antenna made out of nickle-Ti. The spray bar hits hit 3 or 4 times as it goes around the car and I hear a 'TWANG', the air blowers hit it also. No damage at all. I like just putting the car in Park and setting the brake, it helps to turn on air recirc or you get all the chemical smells.

·
Registered
550 Posts
The ones where you park, and the machinery moves around the car
Those kind of washes are not the issue. Disabling eyesight applies to the "roll through" washes where a roller pushes your car on a track. Eyesight has the potential to get triggered by all of the machinery moving around, which would activate the brakes, stop the line of cars rolling through, and most likely be a headache for the car wash workers.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,590 Posts
I've always used the 'Lazer' touchless washes or equivalent wherever I go. The ones where you park, and the machinery moves around the car. I've never had a problem with 2 Outbacks and my Ascent.
The vehicle isn't moving so there can be no issue with something like collision detection. The issue, when it happens, is when the vehicle is physically moving down the tunnel/track and it senses moving things and slams the brakes on which, um...gums up the works. You have not tunnel/track with the type of car wash you use; hence, no problem.

·
Registered
Subaru Ascent Touring 2019
171 Posts
I'm in NYC and can't find any laser car washing...must be too advanced for city folks 🤣🤣

·
Registered
550 Posts
I had to resort to the old flappy slappy wash today (even remembered to turn off eyesight). Better than letting the salt sit there for another week, I suppose.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts