Subaru Ascent Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Would like to see a STI version or more rugged off-roader like GM did with the Acadia AT-4.

·
Registered
13 Posts
yeah, it is surprisingly hard to find. I think for 2020 models, I as able to find some folks getting them in may or june. but would like to find something more definitive...for timing purposes.

·
Registered
705 Posts
In Feb/early March your dealer should start getting info/possible allocations for build. They should be transparent with you and tell you when they’re expecting to take orders.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I happen to have a couple friends who work in the Indiana plant and I can tell you that the tooling is not scheduled to be changed until 2027. That can change, but it could be a testimony that Subaru has no plans for a major change to the model for many years. Typically a "generation" lasts 10 years. A mid cycle refresh can change the exterior look somewhat, but that is mostly stamping, not tooling.

So my overall point is that I dont expect many changes to this model at all over the next 3 years at least.
Perhaps the tooling for the SGP won't change until 2027 but the Ascent is due for a facelift. Better quality interior bigger brakes and a overall double down on refinement

·
Registered
533 Posts
I hope they improve "11.2" Fujitsu Ten/Denso head unit " or make something different .... after 8" screen in our cars 11.2 (real 6") looks terrible...

·
Administrator
7,788 Posts
I hope they improve "11.2" Fujitsu Ten/Denso head unit " or make something different .... after 8" screen in our cars 11.2 (real 6") looks terrible...
I expect that Google and Apple will soon allow using more screen real-estate, at which time, I hope Denso and Subaru make the relevant changes to enable it.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I expect that Google and Apple will soon allow using more screen real-estate, at which time, I hope Denso and Subaru make the relevant changes to enable it.
Do you know what size AA and CP are displayed at on the 11.2" screen? It sure looks smaller than the 8" we have now. I too hope Subaru can redesignt the layout of the 11.2". It looks cool, but from the videos I've seen of it in action I think it would annoy me that CP uses so little real estate. The Ram 12" vertical display seems like a much better implementation.

·
Administrator
7,788 Posts
Do you know what size AA and CP are displayed at on the 11.2" screen? It sure looks smaller than the 8" we have now. I too hope Subaru can redesignt the layout of the 11.2". It looks cool, but from the videos I've seen of it in action I think it would annoy me that CP uses so little real estate. The Ram 12" vertical display seems like a much better implementation.
I never measured it, but, on my next trip to Competition Subaru, I will hook up my phone and measure.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
2,154 Posts
Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
It is about 8" diagonal for AA. It looks smaller with the map because of it has the directory input on the left side on google map. I wish they have extended screen mode. Only plus for smaller screen is that you can listen to your radio while you use AA google map at the same time.

·
Registered
895 Posts
It is about 8" diagonal for AA. It looks smaller with the map because of it has the directory input on the left side on google map. I wish they have extended screen mode. Only plus for smaller screen is that you can listen to your radio while you use AA google map at the same time.
Regarding the 8”, are you speaking of the size within the 11.2” Outback display?

How does a smaller screen allow you to listen to the radio and use Google maps in AA? Does a bigger screen prevent that?

I just want to understand your comments...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

• Regarding the 8”, are you speaking of the size within the 11.2” Outback display?

How does a smaller screen allow you to listen to the radio and use Google maps in AA? Does a bigger screen prevent that?

I just want to understand your comments...
    Sorry, it's actually 7" not 8". So the top 2 inches are car info stuff. You can touch the AA icon in the menu and open up the app. As a default, it opens up google map and it also displays buttons for music right below google map. And below that there are tabs for FM AM XM radio. This area uses alot of space for such small tabs. So you can still listen to your radio while your AA is on and when you are not using AA as a music player. I'll post up some pictures tomorrow if you still need clarification.

·
Registered
533 Posts

• Sorry, it's actually 7" not 8". So the top 2 inches are car info stuff. You can touch the AA icon in the menu and open up the app. As a default, it opens up google map and it also displays buttons for music right below google map. And below that there are tabs for FM AM XM radio. This area uses alot of space for such small tabs. So you can still listen to your radio while your AA is on and when you are not using AA as a music player. I'll post up some pictures tomorrow if you still need clarification.
i did not fill like it was 7" .. its under 6.5 ... i have 5+ years old Pioneer with car play and sure it looks bigger ...
and build in maps (full screen ) only been 8.5" just side way...

build in starlink is only 6.5 ( i think its only 6.3) so i don't expect it it to be fixed any time soon for AA or Carplay

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just drove the 2020 outback as a loaner...what I found good is the large screen/wireless charging/ diff modes for cruise control accel and overall very nice infotainment system (Come on Subaru...how come you left us Ascent owners out of the cool upgrade :D).
On the flip side I didnt like the auto stop start and it feels more sluggish than the ascent to me, especially during start...

21 - 40 of 52 Posts