Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, we had 500 miles on our 2021 Touring, and the sound died from the head unit. Nada, zip, zilch. Took it in, they said it was the AMP, it's happened before, kind of common, etc... They had to order one. Replaced it.

The next day, I was running errands. It was fine, next trip fine, next trip fine, then, no sound, I looked at the screen, and the top right icon had FM, and a speaker symbol and an X, for about a minute. RDS data was there (showing station, song/artist/etc...), I changed stations, no sound, then about 30 seconds later, sound. It's been functioning fine for the past few days. (Other than the crap related to Carplay, etc...)

I've scoured the manual, but can't find anything related to that symbol. Any ideas?

·
Administrator
11,133 Posts
Mute

·
Administrator
11,133 Posts
The closest I've seen to that (could be exactly similar) is when a bluetooth stream takes over briefly. Interesting thing is, it may interrupt music in such fashion but not play anything due to a radio or phone setting, or due to the bluetooth source not being active, or due to the bluetooth volume being turned down. There are a number of different volume settings in the head unit, under "Sound" - try making sure none are on zero or really low, and see if it happens again. The expected result is you will get the "mute" symbol, but, at the same time, something else will play (eg: bluetooth ringtone).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The closest I've seen to that (could be exactly similar) is when a bluetooth stream takes over briefly. Interesting thing is, it may interrupt music in such fashion but not play anything due to a radio or phone setting, or due to the bluetooth source not being active, or due to the bluetooth volume being turned down. There are a number of different volume settings in the head unit, under "Sound" - try making sure none are on zero or really low, and see if it happens again. The expected result is you will get the "mute" symbol, but, at the same time, something else will play (eg: bluetooth ringtone).
Normally I'd agree, but, we haven't paired anything with the car yet. We just do plug in CarPlay.

·
Administrator
11,133 Posts
Normally I'd agree, but, we haven't paired anything with the car yet. We just do plug in CarPlay.
Plug in Carplay also manages Bluetooth. 😉

·
Administrator
11,133 Posts
Alas, it happens, same as the occasional bad TV from the store.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts