Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was surprised to see a forum for Subaru!? I follow Harley's and Honda Gold Wing, but a Subaru, who knew!! Haha
Hi everyone, hope to learn a lot!!

·
Registered
21 Ascent Premium, 18 Outback Ltd 2.5
416 Posts
Welcome, did you buy both cars at the same time? I'm interested to see if you were able to get a better deal that way. We are planning to buy an Ascent and Outback this year, though they may both be CPO.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Welcome, did you buy both cars at the same time? I'm interested to see if you were able to get a better deal that way. We are planning to buy an Ascent and Outback this year, though they may both be CPO.
If you order through a dealer for a factory order then you certainly should be able to get a better deal since the order does not ding the dealers ability to order inventory through their credit. there is little overhead involved. Essentially it is a pass through and easy profit. With two vehicle orders, it is that much better for them. Catch them at the end of the month with a detailed order of exactly what you want and work your magic. I have posted video links to how to negotiate the best deals. email eight dealers with your specifications that you want and follow the video instructions on this and you will not be disappointed.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,896 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

----

As an aside, it's rare for me to buy a vehicle without factory ordering it. I want what I want, exactly how I want it and ordering insures that. I've never had an issue getting the same or better price than buying from inventory. Professor Dr. SWMBO's MY20 Forester Limited was the first one we've bought without ordering in a very long time...it was a pleasant coincidence that they had exactly the configuration we wanted in every way and fortuitous, too, since we really wanted to buy "right then" instead of doing some expensive repairs on a much older vehicle that our daughter had been driving. She got the MY16 Outback and The Professor got the new Forester "immediately". I waited two months for my Ascent Touring and borrowed a vehicle from a friend after I sold my previous ride privately to tide me over.

Reactions: HeyChris
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.