Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all,

Subaru released to us the training for the 2021 Ascent this morning. In it are all the updates to the 2021 model coming later this year.

Tungsten has been eliminated as a color choice, being replaced on Premium, Limited and Touring models with Brilliant Bronze Metallic.
2 LED Headlights with High Beam Assist and Steering Responsive are now standard on ALL trims.
Adaptive Cruise Control is now advanced with Lane Centering Assist instead of Lane Keep Assist of the 19 and 20 models.
All models now have new Self Registering TPMS sensors, which means no need to go to the dealer to have them serviced when tires are replaced.
Touring models now have an Option Package 33 which replaces the Java Brown Leather with Slate Black Leather with silver stitching. So you have a second interior color choice on the Touring.
All seats in the vehicle (including for the first time second and third row) have seat belt reminders which will chime and visually alert the driver to any unbelted passengers.

Pricing changes have not been announced nor has a release date.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Is color change or mostly a name for same color?
About time on TPMS... some 2008 cars a use to have been able to do it ..
and others I was able to program with no tools... Subaru was only one I had to get tools for ...
Not sure how they did seat belt for 2nd and 3rd row.. a lot of people have items or dogs...on back seat ...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a true color change. This color is darker based on the photo they put in the test.
Thats a GREAT question on the dogs in the back seat that I do not have an answer for.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Appreciate the insider news! Overall, not very impactful changes. I would imagine that adding LED headlights to the lower trims would result in a decent price increase..

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'd say it's impactful. Something other than poop brown for the touring! That was 50% of the reason why we didn't get the touring.

So did they introduce the engine stop "feature"?

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback Limited 3.6R, 2003 Honda Pilot EX
35 Posts
@Shokz Thanks for the information - right on schedule as you had said also!
The big news for me, but more for my better half as she didnt like the java brown as much (more of that odd couple of pieces of ivory trim) and we already have an Outback with slate black interior is that new interior color option...

Also, you said 2 LED headlights - is that the same as the 2020 Outback?

Any infotainment update? Hope it didnt go the 2020 Outback route - i am OK with no changes here.

Like the lane centering instead of lane keep.

please do share any more as you see fit :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@mtmra70 No word on the start stop technology. So that means most likely it will NOT be on the 2021.

@javidmajid The infotainment is staying the 8" Gen 3.1 unit and not going to the 11.6" Gen 4.0 until the remodel in 2023, but I cannot be 100% on that. The 2 LED headlights is basically making the Base and Premium the same as the Limited and Touring.

·
Registered
35 Posts
@javidmajid The infotainment is staying the 8" Gen 3.1 unit and not going to the 11.6" Gen 4.0 until the remodel in 2023, but I cannot be 100% on that. The 2 LED headlights is basically making the Base and Premium the same as the Limited and Touring.
Thanks - that would make sense for the headlights as the IIHS ratings were dinged because of the headlights...

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
1,840 Posts
Touring models now have an Option Package 33 which replaces the Java Brown Leather with Slate Black Leather with silver stitching. So you have a second interior color choice on the Touring.
But unfortunately no lighter color. Bummer. I really dislike when a premium trim only offers dark interiors! The Java is tolerable and similar to what I had in my previous Grand Cherokee, but... I. Do. Not. Do. Black. Interiors. Ever.

·
Registered
235 Posts
for some reason in Canada most auto manufactures only supply black interiors... this as you know is a total pain! In Canada it may be cold in the winter but summers are excruciatingly hot!! But because we are in Canada anyone not here assumes it's cold all the time. In the summer we roast like everyone else... ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes LCA and black interior for touring! That's what I was waiting for. I was hoping for big touch screen with updates on 2021 Ascent but I'm ok with all the buttons since I already have 2020 Legacy. Buttons and dials are way easier to control while driving

·
Registered
747 Posts
for some reason in Canada most auto manufactures only supply black interiors... this as you know is a total pain! In Canada it may be cold in the winter but summers are excruciatingly hot!! But because we are in Canada anyone not here assumes it's cold all the time. In the summer we roast like everyone else... ;)

Come down to Phoenix in July for excruciatingly hot :D

The coating on my expensive Rx glasses melted because I left them in the car all day while wearing my Rx sunglasses when camping! :p

But yes, black leather in Phx would be bad too. I'm happy I have the gray cloth!

·
Registered
17 Posts
My dealer confirmed the same info. But any info about facelift or interior update? Or is that going to be MY22 or MY23?

·
Registered
35 Posts
My dealer confirmed the same info. But any info about facelift or interior update? Or is that going to be MY22 or MY23?
Did they provide you any guidance on when they may be introduced? Any other info they gave you?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Would like to see them push down Lane centering to the 2019 and 2020. Seems like a minor software update and when the 2020 first came out brochures actually listed Lane Centering as a feature on the car.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Would like to see them push down Lane centering to the 2019 and 2020. Seems like a minor software update and when the 2020 first came out brochures actually listed Lane Centering as a feature on the car.
I’d love this too, but it’ll never happen.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts