Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m not sure if it is my mirror but it seems like when the Smart mirror is in mirror mode (not camera mode) the backlighting makes it difficult to see at night. Maybe I’m not use to it. Does anyone else think this or could my mirror be faulty?

·
Registered
2020 CWP Touring
1,260 Posts
If the backlighting is ON when in mirror mode, and washing out the mirrored glass, then something is not operating correctly. You should adjust the mirror so that you have a correct view out the back of the car when in mirror mode, and then flip the lever to change to camera mode. This will tilt the mirror up so that the mirrored glass is no longer reflecting headlamp glare into your eyes.

Could you capture a picture of what you're seeing when the mirror is in mirror mode? Except for the compass display, it should appear exactly like a conventional mirror.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,180 Posts
It's a VERY rare thing that I use the mirror as a mirror...I much prefer the video feed and use it pretty much 100% of the time. But when in actual "mirror" mode, you may need to adjust the position so night mode is effective...it has to do with the way the glass is designed to reflect light. The ideal position for video is NOT the same as it is for mirror-mirror mode.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts