Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got 2021 Ascent Touring a couple days ago and love it. Had to wait for all the issues to resolve. Drive way better than the Forester 2009 we had for 11 years. Only thing strange happened was I opened up the hood and now it won’t latch shut when I press the hood down. Any ideas?
Thanks for any help or clues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I lifted the hood just to look at the new engine and then tried to close it, but it just won’t latch shut.....prop is in original spot. Anyway, thanks Robert.
‘Will take it to dealer tomorrow to fix it.....

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
1,197 Posts
Check the hood release lever under the dash. Work it a few times to see if it's binding. I don't recommend driving fast with only the secondary latch engaged. Wind force can pry the hood open at speed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I did try that. Will have someone pull the release lever this morning so I can see the latch working or not under the hood. I still own a Forester 09 and this never happened. We will see if that works and let you know. Dealer is not too far if not and not taking freeway to be safe.

Thanks again.
Don’t push the hood down. Let go of it about 12” from closing. Should work for you.
Don’t push the hood down. Let go of it about 12” from closing. Should work for you.
Thank you....... will try that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I did try that. Will have someone pull the release lever this morning so I can see the latch working or not under the hood. I still own a Forester 09 and this never happened. We will see if that works and let you know. Dealer is not too far if not and not taking freeway to be safe.

Thanks again.

It worked!

Thanks again.

Thanks again.

JUST TRIED THAT AND IT WORKED!!! Saved me a trip and the unsafe driving with hood not latched. Thank you. Thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts