Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only had this car for a few months and we just had a bunch of rain and now water is dripping from the overhead unit. Took it to the dealership and they said they cannot replicate the problem. Has anyone else had this happen?
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Car
Car Hood Vehicle Automotive design Grey

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Car

·
Registered
3,856 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just purchased a 2021 Ascent. It has 2500 miles on it...got in this morning with water dripping, actually streaming into the car from the overhead console...just like you show in your pictures. I am literally sick to my stomach about this...I traded a 2015 Tahoe with ZERO problems and cannot believe this is happening to a brand new car. I am afraid I will be stuck with a moldy stinky leaky car based on what I have read on this forum. I called the dealership and am to take it today for them to see.
It is all soaking wet on the passenger side headliner- none on the drivers side. and YES the moon roof was completely closed. It is not coming from there..

·
Registered
234 Posts
Had this happen to our 2019, though it was a lot more water. Took it into the dealer and they couldn't find the problem. It was coming out of the sunglass holder/lights area. I think they said a drain hose was likely clogged. Not sure, hasn't happened again.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
I have just purchased a 2021 Ascent. It has 2500 miles on it...got in this morning with water dripping, actually streaming into the car from the overhead console...just like you show in your pictures. I am literally sick to my stomach about this...I traded a 2015 Tahoe with ZERO problems and cannot believe this is happening to a brand new car. I am afraid I will be stuck with a moldy stinky leaky car based on what I have read on this forum. I called the dealership and am to take it today for them to see.
It is all soaking wet on the passenger side headliner- none on the drivers side. and YES the moon roof was completely closed. It is not coming from there..
you will not be stuck with your concerns as expressed. let them figure it out and correct it properly. These are typically the clogged drain or the moon roof seal (being closed does not guarantee it was not leaking from rain).

·
Registered
68 Posts
We don't like sun roofs.. Never use them. We have one on the Ascent we just bought because it comes with other stuff we like. I wish it were a stand alone option for all vehicles. It is for some we've had.

To me, it's a large perforation in the sheet metal which can leak as noted. It also adds noise to the cabin.

Good luck to you... And us! We are at one month of ownership. 1050 miles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts