Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen any other Ascent's with 'factory' pinstripes; but it bothered me how the pinstripes didnt line up with the window line, and there are no other Metallic Silver accents on the car... Chrome sure, but the metallic silver looked out of place and weird.

So when something doesn't look right; you just delete it; Removed the clashy pinstripes

Red Mudflaps Installed

Break in done, now for some good ol motul (Factory Filter + Crush Gasket)

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,828 Posts
There are no "factory" pinstripes...those are a dealer add for profit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are no "factory" pinstripes...those are a dealer add for profit.
Makes sense that they were dealer installed pinstripes; to go with the dealer installed paint swirls, and annoying advertisement logos plastered on the liftgate.

Wouldn't imagine the Indiana plant would have had had bubbles in them; clearly by not prepping the paint properly before installation.

Thanks for the information; explains why I haven't seen any other ascents around town with them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
How did you remove your pinstripes? Took possession of my new MY2021 yesterday, and the dealer had them installed prior to my looking at the car. Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How did you remove your pinstripes? Took possession of my new MY2021 yesterday, and the dealer had them installed prior to my looking at the car. Thanks!
I would recommend using a Pinstripe eraser kit, I did it the old fashion way using tons of patience, and goo gone, but you can zip them off with the pinstripe erasers

I'd look for a reputable one on amazon they are pretty affordable; if i was to do it again i would go this route to save the time and effort.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Installed the Factory Tow Package; pretty straight forward easy install, don't forget to retorque after 600 miles!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LED UPGRADE!!! Big shoutout to all the form posts about LED upgrading, huge help

Before Interior^

After Interior ^

Puddle Lights before ^

Puddle Lights After ^

License Plate Bulbs (Super Easy)

hard to notice, but side marker lights too!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Weather Tech's all around (3 row package) because Subaru's OEM all weather mats aren't like the used to be, they are like single ply mats.

PIAA wipers - this one is more of a preference; Silicone i have found to be much preferred for the Eyesight system, ran these on our 2018 Outback the entire time we had the car

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,828 Posts
PIAA wipers - this one is more of a preference; Silicone i have found to be much preferred for the Eyesight system, ran these on our 2018 Outback the entire time we had the car
Just keep in mind that OEM wipers are a warranty item during 3/36...Subaru replaces them for free during that time.
-----

That said, very nice work on your mods/additions/upgrades!

Reactions: justmatt

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just keep in mind that OEM wipers are a warranty item during 3/36...Subaru replaces them for free during that time.
-----

Thank you kindly!
Yup just a preference for silicone wipers

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
-----

That's gonna come in handy, for the 3 times a year I actually need to use them (while they dry rot the other 362 days)!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts