Subaru Ascent Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
One trick I do to help cool the interior of a SUV is to pop open the rear hatch with the key FOB from as far away as possible within eye sight. This lets out a large amount of hot air stuck in the vehicle. Just shut as you walk up to the vehicle.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yesterday in Aspen area - mid 90s. Engine on, windows down, Full Auto, spin to Lo, drive off, windows up after 30 seconds rolling, spin to 70 … usually just leave three temps linked.

Works great!

·
Registered
2018 Outback Limited 2.5, 2021 Ascent Premium on the way
237 Posts
One trick I do to help cool the interior of a SUV is to pop open the rear hatch with the key FOB from as far away as possible within eye sight. This lets out a large amount of hot air stuck in the vehicle. Just shut as you walk up to the vehicle.
I like to do this too, it's a great unexpected bonus of the PRG.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Full Auto mode will use recirc as needed to do the most efficient cooling job. But there's a big volume of air in there to cool. Be sure the rear AC is engaged, too, if equipped. I keep that synced in my Touring.
After the Ascent sitting all day in the hot sun - 90 degrees outside (windshield shade in place), I remote started my Ascent and after a three to five minute walk to the vehicle, my vehicle was nice and cool.

Got love it.:)

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,440 Posts
After the Ascent sitting all day in the hot sun - 90 degrees outside (windshield shade in place), I remote started my Ascent and after a three to five minute walk to the vehicle, my vehicle was nice and cool.

Got love it.:)
Yes, on the particularly hot and cold days, remote start is a blessing. I don't use it often as I don't want to burn the fuel, but when it's the right call..."click".... :D

Reactions: packout
21 - 25 of 25 Posts