Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
11,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2021-01-18: Customer Satisfaction Campaign WRK-20
Air Conditioning Refrigerant Pipe Replacement

More details to follow later. Check your MySubaru App for open campaigns and/or recalls to see if this applies to you. It may be a few weeks before you are notified (or your app updates) showing it applies (if it does).

·
Registered
12 Posts
I checked to see if mine was on the recall list, and it wasn't. I went to Autotrader, and randomly picked some 19 and 20 Ascents for sale to see if any of those Vin popped, and didn't take more than 5-10 minutes to get 2 of them showing the outstanding recall - both are 2019 models originally arriving at the dealer late Feb2019 to March 2019. I couldn't find any of the 2020 that needed this, and even some of the earlier build 2019 didn't need it, and those showed PCV, Fuel Pump, CVT Slip, ECU reprogramming recalls as Completed.

Not sure if they are trickling these out, or if it is a targeted vin range. Here is a screenshot of one that I found (removed the vin, in case that is an issue, but it is for sale at a non-Subaru dealer).

·
Registered
3,850 Posts

More details to follow later. Check your MySubaru App for open campaigns and/or recalls to see if this applies to you. It may be a few weeks before you are notified (or your app updates) showing it applies (if it does).
Is this a different pipe that some Ascents including mine had replaced early on? On the invoice it was called the evaporative coolant pipe bar. part number 73431XCOOA

·
Administrator
11,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know. I haven't been able to get onto STIS to check.

·
Registered
24 Posts

Had our 2019 Ascent Touring model in for oil change today and service tech found this WRK-20 as pending for my car. He said it refers to a line in the a/c system that has a very rough surface and may cause coolant links. Sorry - forgot to look for manufacture date, but we picked car up in March of 2019.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Had our 2019 Ascent Touring model in for oil change today and service tech found this WRK-20 as pending for my car. He said it refers to a line in the a/c system that has a very rough surface and may cause coolant links. Sorry - forgot to look for manufacture date, but we picked car up in March of 2019.
let us know what the part number was. early on my 2019 Limited had a A/C line replaced. Similar date (end of February).

·
Registered
24 Posts
let us know what the part number was. early on my 2019 Limited had a A/C line replaced. Similar date (end of February).
The appointment to fix A/C line will be later, when they get parts in. They also have to replace seat fan for a/c system and, after I asked about the TSB that mentioned 'dark draw' he found that (07-155-19R) and has scheduled that control module to be replaced as well. The car was manufactured in 2/2019.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Is this a different pipe that some Ascents including mine had replaced early on? On the invoice it was called the evaporative coolant pipe bar. part number 73431XCOOA
I just had the WRK-20 work done today on my 2019 Ascent Touring. Part number on invoice is the same as yours, 73431XC00A (mine looks like zeros vice the letter O )
Invoice referenced job as A/C Cooling Pipe Replacement. Customer service rep said the job takes quite a while to complete.

Also today - they completed 07/155/19R - Liftgate, control module, part nbr 63350XC10B PWR R Gate Module. I checked the amperage draw when I got home and, with doors closed and hatch open, the draw dropped from approx 4.1 amps to 0.21 (21/100ths) of an amp at 20 minutes.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I’m at the dealership right now and they are telling me that my car has a recall(AC EVAP pipe). I had problem with my AC at 13k miles because the AC was blowing warm air. I read about the TSB about the evaporator pipe and I’ve been following this forum regarding this problem. They did replace the evap pipe during this time and my AC has been working perfectly since then. Now, a recall came out regarding this evaporator pipe and my service advisor was telling me that the one that they replaced is different from the current AC recall. Can someone has clearer explanation on this matter. Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts

I just brought my Ascent 2019 in at the beginning of March because our AC stopped working. The checkup resulted in a leak in the refrigerant pipe. They said they would put in an order for the part to replace it. Its already been a month out and I called for an update and they said this is part of the recall and they are still waiting for the part. Anyone know whats going on with this part?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts