Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
I predict the 3.5 v6 unchanged and very un exciting lethargic 8spd. Hybrid will be nothing special unchanged in FWD only. It will also be a FWD platform with slight rear wheel assist as is the current one. It will be larger than the outgoing version.

Toyota is consistently winning the most underwhelming behind the curve vehicles, with big price tags. LOL

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
The latest V6 have been tested in the current generation, which is something Ascent lacked, the data to prove its reliability. I believe the hybrid system is different, there's a second electric motor at the rear wheels; this is where FWD platform has its advantage.

Speaking of hybrid for Ascent, I hope they will do something similar to the 2020 Highlander: one electric motor nested inside the CVT w/ half-shafts propel the front wheels, and a second electric motor at the rear (w/ or w/o the driveshaft) to propel the rear wheels.

·
Registered
120 Posts
are there any dimensions to compare?
third row leg room
space behind 3rd row
overall dimensions?

from what i have read may not be much bigger than the 2019 2.5" increase in wheelbase??? but where does it go? passenger or rear cargo space

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
are there any dimensions to compare?
third row leg room
space behind 3rd row
overall dimensions?

from what i have read may not be much bigger than the 2019 2.5" increase in wheelbase??? but where does it go? passenger or rear cargo space
I’m note sure of any released info on actual dimensions. Since the wheelbase grew, that suggests more interior space. The middle row on the old highlander was pretty good but the third row was tiny. I’d assume that most of the extra space went to the third row and possibly the space behind the third row.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I predict the 3.5 v6 unchanged and very un exciting lethargic 8spd. Hybrid will be nothing special unchanged in FWD only. It will also be a FWD platform with slight rear wheel assist as is the current one. It will be larger than the outgoing version.

Toyota is consistently winning the most underwhelming behind the curve vehicles, with big price tags. LOL
Toyota is also consistently winning in sales. I would gladly swap my clunky, unrefined CVT for that 8spd. Every vehicle in this segment has compromises for the price point. Just have to pick the ones you can live with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.