Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
I get this when accelerating gently up the hill on my street, and when accelerating lightly (the Mitsubishi loaner car I had with a CVT did not do this under the same conditions). when I go in for my air conditioning service next week I'm going to ask them about that. .....This issue has popped up in number of different threads on the form.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I get this when accelerating gently up the hill on my street, and when accelerating lightly (the Mitsubishi loaner car I had with a CVT did not do this under the same conditions). when I go in for my air conditioning service next week I'm going to ask them about that. .....This issue has popped up in number of different threads on the form.
Thank you.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mine did this, or something like it. I think rather than it stopping I just got used to how to drive it knowing how to avoid that. It's like you use a lighter touch or a heavier touch on the accelerator to avoid it.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,844 Posts
I've only had this occur in one particular place that I drive regularly...a moderate up-hill section of a street where the speed limit is only 25 mph and strictly enforced. I'm a "light foot" driver regardless but the combination of slow speed and upward incline just causes a little "hunting" by the software to find the ideal ratio for the small touch I have on the skinny pedal. It doesn't happen every time and doesn't happen at all if I'm closer to a "criminal" 30 mph in that spot.

BTW, it has nothing to do with the trim level being Touring. The drivetrain is the same across all Ascent trims.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2020 Touring surges during light to moderate acceleration, anyone else?
2020 Touring surges during light to moderate acceleration, anyone else?
Yes this happens on my 2019. I would say it started at around 1500 miles or so, I only have 3200 on it now. I took it into the dealership, they said it is a known issue requiring a computer fix - not sure if I believe that or not. Disappointed since I waited a year to get this vehicle after being a long time happy Honda customer but the Ascent fit was I was looking for over the new style of Honda Pilot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought the 2020 Ascent, yeah we are experiencing this as well, does not seem normal to me, engine revs to 3k rpm. Agree that a computer update can solve this.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Same hill, same throttle setting, warmed up (at least 195F), does it still rev to 3000? Mine does it cold on a particular shallow hill on my street, but if fully warmed up, it can do it at 2000 with low throttlw pedal (cold, it revs no matter what - probably because it has trouble getting the torque when cold).
F.S.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We started experiencing the shudder issue with our 2020 ascent Limited after owning it about 20 months. We took it last week and the serviceman was able to see it happen! We got word this morning that we are getting a warranty replacement transmission!

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
1,108 Posts
We started experiencing the shudder issue with our 2020 ascent Limited after owning it about 20 months. We took it last week and the serviceman was able to see it happen! We got word this morning that we are getting a warranty replacement transmission!
What's your build date?

·
Administrator
10,948 Posts
Drivers b pillar, black sticker, top right corner, month and year.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts