Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the mall trying to park and could not shift my car into park. I went directly to the dealer. They said it was the shifter and proceed to replace after waiting a week for the part to come in. That didn't work. They then broke down the transmission to see if they would rebuild or replace. I insisted they replace the transmission. I am getting the car back on Monday after almost 4 weeks.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Was the dealer able to replicate the issue during the first diagnosis?

Hope all is well after the tranny swap.

I have found some pretty poor, initial basic troubleshooting skills at my dealer at various times. Once multiple SAs told me this it helped me understand why (a little bit anyway).
They said often times Subaru will only reimburse small, initial “first steps” towards fixing a (known) larger issue. They said they “have to start small” even if they fully suspect that “small“ will not resolve this issue.

·
Administrator
11,089 Posts
Dealers never rebuild Ascent TR690s. I'd be curious to know which dealer suggested that was a possibility.

It is possible they were talking about replacing the shift linkage, in which case, a new CVT wouldn't really be relevant to the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.