Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After tons of research and debating we decided on the 2020 Ascent Premium edition. I'm replacing a 2006 Ford Freestyle (look it up). I appreciate the safety features, performance, and 3rd row seat. We were looking for something for towing out pop up tent and going on family road trips. Came down to the Pathfinder or the Ascent and the Ascent won out. Hopefully I made the right choice!

·
Super Moderator
2,425 Posts
Did you get the 7 seat option or 8? The Ascent will be a huge upgrade from a Freestyle! Enjoy all the extra space and utility!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you get the 7 seat option or 8? The Ascent will be a huge upgrade from a Freestyle! Enjoy all the extra space and utility!
I went for the 8 passenger, which was surprisingly hard to find. I figured it'll be nice for each of the kids to have their own bench on long road trips.
I LOVED my Freestyle but it was time to move on for sure. You can't imagine what an upgrade it is already. I'm looking forward to getting past the break in period so I can hook up the trailer and go on some adventures.

·
Super Moderator
2,425 Posts
The 8-passenger Premium was hard to find last July as well. I kept an eye on dealer inventory and snagged my brown one. Then again Ascents were hard to find in general at that time. I'm glad I picked the 8 as well; Ive used it to seat 8 people several times.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 8-passenger Premium was hard to find last July as well. I kept an eye on dealer inventory and snagged my brown one. Then again Ascents were hard to find in general at that time. I'm glad I picked the 8 as well; Ive used it to seat 8 people several times.
Agreed, I felt like there would be plenty of opportunities to have two families of four in the car. Plus I think it's weird if you have 5 an one person is in the back and two are in the pilot chairs.
So far so happy. Honestly I'm glad I didn't join this forum prior to purchase, could have scared me off. But that was also the case with the Freestyle forum. Negative issues get a lot of air time. People who are happy tend to keep more quiet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts