Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Contacted a dealer about a 2020 Premier with 17,000kms, here's what they offered us. They said we would have to pay to have command start, cargo mat and seat back protectors installed on top of this (approx. $1,000). Good? Bad? Otherwise? Any advice for a counter offer?

$ 47,995.00 - Sale price
+ 495.00 - admin fees
_
$ 48,490.00 - Sub total
+ 11% - GST/PST
_
$ 53,823.90 - all in price
- 1,823.90 - Discount
_
$ 52,000.00 all in price (including delivery to our door, it's 5 hours away)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a 2020 Subaru Ascent Limited and I also have to pay for the accessories. To be honest, the Ascent's selling price is a lower than other Japanese 3-row mid-size SUVs on the market so when it comes to accessories, I don't mind paying them as long as the price is reasonable. And if you check the Subaru Canada website, the suggest price for the OEM remote starter plus the interior protection package is about $1000 (not including installation and taxes). So I think it's a fair deal to get the accessories. The other benefit on getting the OEM remote starter along with the purchase of the vehicle is the remote starter will also be covered under the warranty, especially if you get the extended warranty. (In my case the remote starter is purchased along with a brand new vehicle so I am not sure if it also applies to a used vehicle.) And which province are you in? If you are in a province that often snows in the winter, you might want to check out if the dealership is offering discount on winter tires with rims as they are likely clearing up the winter tires inventory. You might be able to get a good deal on the winter tires as well.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Contacted a dealer about a 2020 Premier with 17,000kms, here's what they offered us. They said we would have to pay to have command start, cargo mat and seat back protectors installed on top of this (approx. $1,000). Good? Bad? Otherwise? Any advice for a counter offer?

$ 47,995.00 - Sale price
+ 495.00 - admin fees
_
$ 48,490.00 - Sub total
+ 11% - GST/PST
_
$ 53,823.90 - all in price
- 1,823.90 - Discount
_
$ 52,000.00 all in price (including delivery to our door, it's 5 hours away)
For our Canadian friends - you have different regulations involving auto sales then in the US. Here are some interesting investigations and resources for you to consider. I have not seen Subaru under any of the investigations but I do not know why. It might be the small smaller number of Subaru vehicles sold in Canada and therefore those dealerships would be of less interest to the consumer then the dealerships with greater market share. The TV station video of the investigations are useful.

also

1 - 3 of 3 Posts