Subaru Ascent Forum banner

2020 Outback

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  GHP1 
#1 ·
Teaser photos are out for the new outback. Besides the Impreza Sport like lower fascia it looks like the same old thing except for the big touchscreen , turbo 2.4 and SGP chassis. Should be a solid choice in 2.4 config. 182 hp in the base models should prove adequate but boring driving and strained mountain driving when loaded down

#4 ·
New generation, the Legacy got the new system as well. The Outback is based on the Legacy. I expect we'll see something new in mid gen refresh or next generation Ascent.

#5 ·
It's Subaru keeping up with the "jones" with regard to enlarging the displays. Ram trucks offer a 12 inch screen on some top levels and the Mercedes S class has a screen that runs diagonally from the driver's side to the middle of the car. I wonder how expensive these screens will be to replace when they ultimately stop working or malfunction in 10-15 years. I'm not sure how expensive the 8inch screen would be to replace in the Ascent, but I'm sure it's less than those HUGE displays in other cars!

#6 ·
I like the Ascent's current HU design. Do not give me some huge touch screen. Even though it has knobs it is Subaru trying to be trendy. And I can't image the glitches. The Impreza has had updates for the past 2 years for issues with the HK HU.

#8 ·
Last time I was at the dealer here, they weren't moving Outbacks at all with Foresters and Ascents practically flying off the lot. I have been wondering if that's just because people know there's an update coming in 2020 and they're waiting or because they're going with Foresters and Ascents instead. I know it's gone to the global platform, but was expecting a bit more of a "facelift" than what I'm seeing.

#9 ·
Has nothing to do with styling. Folks like the big touch screen(I don't) turbo engine, and new platform with additional tech and safety goodies. The Forester did not change that much in the styling department. The reason it is selling It's not that expensive especially in premium trim with a discount and it also has great visibly for older people.. The Ascent is totally new although it shares most of it's parts with the other SGP entries .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.