1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
B-Spec version would be cool

·
Registered
561 Posts
Wonder if they saved money by going with all that black cladding as it doesn't look that great IMO

·
Registered
228 Posts
Members of the Outback forum are not too keen on the exterior of the new 2020 Outback. Some nice tech upgrades though.
I think it looks great. If COBB can come out with a reliable stage1 tune, it would be on my list to replace my WRX. Want a little big bigger wagon that is still fun to drive. The Levorg would be perfect...if we could get it here.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I don't mind it all that much. I considered an Outback before I bought the Ascent, but it felt just under-powered and I am fairly tall which limited the person in the seat behind me.

With the turbo I would consider it for a second car, but at the $40K price point I might as well just buy another Ascent Limited and get more room and a third row.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Wonder if they saved money by going with all that black cladding as it doesn't look that great IMO
Have you seen the Forester? Just like adding wheel arch moldings to every single car now. Makes it look complete.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Have you seen the Forester? Just like adding wheel arch moldings to every single car now. Makes it look complete.
I personally think black wheel arch moldings make a vehicle look hideous and cheap. I understand it is all the rage, but I prefer painted wheel arches matching the body color. On the vehicles which I own (Ridgeline, Highlander), dirt and grime has worked it's way underneath the plastic molding (from the top) on the wheel wells and the molding has begun to warp, moving away from the body.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Well the good news with the moldings is you can have a body shop paint them to match the rest of the body. They use a special paint for flexible substrates. It would be interesting to see how an Ascent would look. Maybe someone with good photoshop skills will mock one up.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I like the fact they may help prevent rust as it seems that is one of 1st spots rust starts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I do like the interior. Wondering if the lower trim levels will look similar. Subaru did right by eliminating the beige colored blocks on the doors and dash of the Ascent.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.