Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did anyone with a 2020 get a maintenance schedule or find it in the manual?
I think I found the manual online and it had some info about oil, and brakes, etc, but I was looking for the traditional table that gave you list of service/inspection to do at various miles.

I also found this on the KBB site:
that seemed to indicate there isn't a fixed schedule and the car would tell you when to do it?

·
Registered
536 Posts
For the 2019, it's a small 30 page manual that says Warranty & Maintenance. I don't know why it's not showing in MySubaru with all the other manuals. It's not one that I downloaded either. Don't know if you are able to or not.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that's the thing. I could find it for the 19 online, but not the 20. I have that same Warranty/maintenance manual with my forester.
so am curious why I can't find it for the 20.
honestly, I'm assuming it's the same, and probably would've been fine with that, but the claim on that KBB site I linked got me wanting to pull the thread a bit more.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,035 Posts
I don't believe there would be any difference in the maintenance schedule between the MY19 and the MY20 so until you can get the "year coded" document, you will likely be just fine following the MY19 schedule. Nothing changed other than a few doo-dads between the first and second year of the vehicle's production.

·
Registered
9 Posts
did anyone with a 2020 get a maintenance schedule or find it in the manual?
I think I found the manual online and it had some info about oil, and brakes, etc, but I was looking for the traditional table that gave you list of service/inspection to do at various miles.

I also found this on the KBB site:
that seemed to indicate there isn't a fixed schedule and the car would tell you when to do it?
Is this what you are looking for?
20200128_150549.jpg

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
For the 2019, it's a small 30 page manual that says Warranty & Maintenance. I don't know why it's not showing in MySubaru with all the other manuals. It's not one that I downloaded either. Don't know if you are able to or not.
you can find it within mysubaru under the service tab. I am looking at it now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you use the My Subaru app there is a menu item for Service. It will also alert you when service is needed.
my wife Subaru app doesn’t have any maintenance scheduled, literally nothing. Was I supposed to add of it in there? The car also doesn’t have any maintenance schedule. Did you set your up or did the dealer do it for you, or was it just there?

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
my wife Subaru app doesn’t have any maintenance scheduled, literally nothing. Was I supposed to add of it in there? The car also doesn’t have any maintenance schedule. Did you set your up or did the dealer do it for you, or was it just there?
I would rely on the printed schedule not the vehicle UI reminding you. There are not that many dates to reference so it should not be a big chore.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts