Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lurking around here for a while, so decided to register so that I can post and share stuff.

Got our 2020 Limited 8-seater CBP back in 9/6/2019 (our 5th Subie) and loving it so far - specially my wife. So far, so good - haven't seen any issues so far. There is the mpg deal, like most of the folks here are experience, but we only have 1.4K miles on it so I hope that mpg will improve as the miles rack up.

One 'milestone' though was that it now sports some minor 'scars' on the lower driver side front trim due to road debris that my wife was unable to avoid - a car in front of her kicked up what appeared to be some hard plastic debris that hit the trim. She felt really bad with the car not even being a few weeks old. Could have been worse though as that debris could have gone higher and broke more stuff like the grille, lights, hood or windshield. And most important no one got hurt :)

Cheers and see you folks around here!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats on the purchase,enjoy it.
Thanks. Yup, enjoying the car so far. But also looking at a close eye on the small things here and there reported in this community - so far the only thing we've had happen was the audio cutting out (no audio from any source, but can make/take bluetooth phone calls).

Looked up the resolution options I read about here:

1. Headunit reset (did not work).
2. Switched between profiles (no go).
3. Leave the car and came back after work (car was parked for 7 hours), but still no audio after starting her up. Did another headunit reset, no go.
4. Pulled 20A audio fuse from under the hood fuse panel - worked like a charm and all audio is back and running well - and it has not happened yet since that. cross fingers

If it does happen again I'll definitely bring it up to the dealer and report what happened. May end up with a replacement HK amp (like what I have read with cases here in the forum).

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts
If it does happen again I'll definitely bring it up to the dealer and report what happened. May end up with a replacement HK amp (like what I have read with cases here in the forum).
Good luck, and please keep us posted.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Been lurking around here for a while, so decided to register so that I can post and share stuff.

View attachment 1928

Got our 2020 Limited 8-seater CBP back in 9/6/2019 (our 5th Subie) and loving it so far - specially my wife. So far, so good - haven't seen any issues so far. There is the mpg deal, like most of the folks here are experience, but we only have 1.4K miles on it so I hope that mpg will improve as the miles rack up.

One 'milestone' though was that it now sports some minor 'scars' on the lower driver side front trim due to road debris that my wife was unable to avoid - a car in front of her kicked up what appeared to be some hard plastic debris that hit the trim. She felt really bad with the car not even being a few weeks old. Could have been worse though as that debris could have gone higher and broke more stuff like the grille, lights, hood or windshield. And most important no one got hurt :)

Cheers and see you folks around here!
I have come to like all the Ascent colors. I can see you picked yours to match the house. No reason to clash colors when you have access to a color wheel.:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have come to like all the Ascent colors. I can see you picked yours to match the house. No reason to clash colors when you have access to a color wheel.:D
Good eye there! Yeah, CBP was my wife's first choice - mine was either CWP or the Abyss Blue... I was actually hoping my wife would warm up to the blue but that didn't happen :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts