Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We special ordered a CBS 2020 Limited 7 passenger on June 22, 2019. The car was scheduled for “sometime in August”. Retrieved VIN from Subaru after a month and the car came in early on August 2 2019. It is a beautiful vehicle. My wife loves it (her car), I love it (not my car), the kids love it (one will learn how to drive on it)...

Please take note...I started getting scared from all the “negative” threads on here...realistically this is a great vehicle from a extraordinary company.

MPG is good, roof rack doesn’t “whistle”, moon roof doesn’t have “seal issues”, Eyesight works great, CVT shifts smoothly and is in line with my other CVT-based vehicle, no rattles, excellent comfort, sound system is excellent...all-in-all I see us growing and enjoying the vehicle. Don’t get wrapped up in the negativity some folks put on here...buy the car, have realistic expectations, and enjoy the heck out of it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for you post. We ordered our 2020 on 7/5 and we're still waiting. In the meantime though, I've had mix emotions reading all the threads. I know everything is dramatized when it comes to the internet but it's nice to hear the positive too.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Sometimes you get a good one....

·
Registered
130 Posts
As anyone who has read my posts can attest, not withstanding my earnest interest in the Ascent, I too “started getting scared from all the ‘negative’ threads on here.” The positive review is appreciated. I think the forum would benefit from an updated post once you have 5K-10K on the vehicle. From my reading, that seems to be the mileage range when issues often appear. I’m still monitoring this site but I’m not posting as often as I will not make my final decision until I can test drive the 2020 Ascent and the 2020 Highlander side-by-side. The new Highlander is due in December (Hybrid in Feb.). I also plan to drive the 2020 Outback. Thanks again! By the way, post a pic of the Ascent. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Attaboybill summed it up nicely "have realistic expectations". I think some of the people making negative posts have expectations of a magically "perfect in every way" vehicle. I ordered our 2019 red Touring in February of 2018 and had to wait until August to get it. It now has 13,000 miles on it and I love it. It's been in the shop once for surging on hills, the ECU update fixed that. No other issues. Its smooth, quiet and comfortable. If I wrecked it today, I'd order another one tomorrow. If I ever get caught up on my project list I'll, put a power port in the console and one in the underfloor storage compartment in the back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.