Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
12,153 Posts
The 2020's do not have the affected transmission harness, so, whatever issues you're having are not the same. That does not mean you don't have some other harness failure. So sorry to hear you're going through this, and hoping they resolve it soon. Please keep us posted.

·
Administrator
12,153 Posts
2011 Outback, I would get the Check Engine, Brake, traction control and AT temp lights at the same time. The dealer was mystified. The third time it did it I was on the way home from the dealer after a service visit for the same problem. I did what I just advised you to do. When they called SOA, someone there knew that the specific combination of lights meant that the torque converter had not locked up properly.
Bad torque converter bearing seal, probably. Doesn't lock, or locks when at a stop or really slow speeds. :(

Pretty sure Subaru knows what transient codes are, even if some dealerships don't. Glad they finally got it fixed.

But, yeah, solid advice, time permitting... get them to see it, and code it, before the car is shut off and it dumps the code.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.