Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Disappointed to have to introduce myself to this community this way but here we go.

Purchased a 2020 Ascent Premium this Saturday (8/15/20). Next day 20 mins of city driving the AT temp light starts blinking followed by the rest of the ES and RAB warning lights, no squealing or slipping and we were home in 5 mins. Monday same issue also around 20mins of engine time. appointment Wednesday, dropped off at the dealer with 126 miles on the Odometer (do i win for fastest turn around?) Thursday/ today, picked up from dealer with the following repairs

"127 Found DTC P0719 brake lamp switch B circuit low inspected, Tested found DTC P0719 brake lamp switch B circuit low, check fuse No.37. Check Harness (B54) No. 29 ? (B65) No. 2: (B65) and No.1 ? fuse (No.37): Check input signal for TCM, found voltage less than 10 volts, REPLACED Brake lamp switch, Adjusted spec, check engine light is gone at this time. " Part# 83311AL00A

20 mins into driving home the AT temp light starts blinking followed by the rest of the ES and RAB warning lights, no squealing or slipping. Appointment to drop it off tomorrow, friday to complete our first week of ownership.

Ps: have read as much as i can on this forum regarding the 2019 transmission issues, incl the wire harness issues, mostly at around 2K-12K miles with squealing and high rpm revs, which i in my 60 miles of driving have not experienced. since this is a 2020 model just putting this out there, will keep updating.

·
Administrator
11,089 Posts
The 2020's do not have the affected transmission harness, so, whatever issues you're having are not the same. That does not mean you don't have some other harness failure. So sorry to hear you're going through this, and hoping they resolve it soon. Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had a similar experience with my 2011 Outback. The next time it does it, drive straight to the dealer, leave it running and get someone to come out and read the codes without shutting the engine down. They may object, be firm! Make sure thety take notes of idiot lights are on. Then, tell them you want a loaner until they get it figured out. The dealer may have to call SOA for assistance. No matter what Subaru tells you, some of the error codes get cleared when you shut the engine off. In the case of my 2011 Outback, I would get the Check Engine, Brake, traction control and AT temp lights at the same time. The dealer was mystified. The third time it did it I was on the way home from the dealer after a service visit for the same problem. I did what I just advised you to do. When they called SOA, someone there knew that the specific combination of lights meant that the torque converter had not locked up properly. The dealer had the car for two weeks. FYI, I put 150,000 trouble free miles on the car after that. Traded it in on my 2019 Ascent in July of 2018.

·
Administrator
11,089 Posts
2011 Outback, I would get the Check Engine, Brake, traction control and AT temp lights at the same time. The dealer was mystified. The third time it did it I was on the way home from the dealer after a service visit for the same problem. I did what I just advised you to do. When they called SOA, someone there knew that the specific combination of lights meant that the torque converter had not locked up properly.
Bad torque converter bearing seal, probably. Doesn't lock, or locks when at a stop or really slow speeds. :(

Pretty sure Subaru knows what transient codes are, even if some dealerships don't. Glad they finally got it fixed.

But, yeah, solid advice, time permitting... get them to see it, and code it, before the car is shut off and it dumps the code.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.