Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
The one thing I would have liked is the power folding mirrors since the wife always manually folds them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
This is all I see that's new, anything else (in the announcement, anyways)?

New for 2020, all Ascent trims are equipped with a Rear Seat Reminder system that is designed to assist the driver in preventing child and/or pet entrapment in the vehicle by reminding the driver to check the rear seat area before exiting the vehicle. While the system cannot physically sense the presence of children or pets in the rear seat area, it will turn on if one of the following conditions is met: the vehicle is started within 30 minutes after a rear side door is opened and closed; a rear side door is opened and closed when the vehicle is running and stationary; the vehicle is turned off and back on again within 30 minutes, and the rear side doors remained closed. The system will alert the driver with an audible sound after the vehicle is turned off and will display a warning message in the Combination Meter Display (CMD), reminding the driver to check the rear seat area.

New for 2020, Premium trim and above offer one touch interior illumination on/off controls.

·
Registered
235 Posts
The power mirror info is in the paragraph above the price chart. Looks like only the Touring model will add the exterior power folding mirrors. I see a future visit to the parts department at my dealer to order the necessary parts to add power to our Touring's mirrors when the parts become available. Hopefully it's as simple as adding a motor and a switch. I have extra button/switch space in that dash panel above the left knee. :grin:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
The power mirror info is in the paragraph above the price chart. Looks like only the Touring model will add the exterior power folding mirrors. I see a future visit to the parts department at my dealer to order the necessary parts to add power to our Touring's mirrors when the parts become available. Hopefully it's as simple as adding a motor and a switch. I have extra button/switch space in that dash panel above the left knee. :grin:
My thoughts exactly. I'm also interested in retrofitting the interior light on/off switch, but after living with this car for almost a year it never really presented itself as an issue. I can make use of the power mirrors daily though.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,896 Posts
Power folding mirrors are likely controlled by the vehicle computer, so it's going to be more than just swapping them out and putting in a switch. But I agree that would be a desirable mod to MY19 if it can be done.

Reactions: Nemesis099

·
Registered
965 Posts
This is about what I expected. I'm glad to see there isn't much of a price increase though.
It's all very minor. That's one thing about Subaru - they don't just raise the price arbitrarily, they actually give you something for it. And shipping costs went up slightly, and with it hitting four digits, I can see that becoming a point of contention with customers, but it is what it is. It actually costs money to get these cars from Indiana out to us.

·
Registered
198 Posts
No, there are sensors and stuff that is added as well.
I think it is only a software update. The description from Subaru states:

"While the system cannot physically sense the presence of children or pets in the rear seat area, it will turn on if one of the following conditions is met: the vehicle is started within 30 minutes after a rear side door is opened and closed; a rear side door is opened and closed when the vehicle is running and stationary; the vehicle is turned off and back on again within 30 minutes, and the rear side doors remained closed. The system will alert the driver with an audible sound after the vehicle is turned off and will display a warning message in the Combination Meter Display (CMD), reminding the driver to check the rear seat area."

·
Registered
205 Posts
This is about what I expected. I'm glad to see there isn't much of a price increase though.
It's all very minor. That's one thing about Subaru - they don't just raise the price arbitrarily, they actually give you something for it. And shipping costs went up slightly, and with it hitting four digits, I can see that becoming a point of contention with customers, but it is what it is. It actually costs money to get these cars from Indiana out to us.

Destination stuff is actually government regulated and set. I read a book a while back where they talked about it. That’s why it’s a set price if your 5hours or 5 days from the factory.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.