Subaru Ascent Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,823 Posts
I doubt that very much, but please prove me wrong.
I will either get the info corrected on the website, or figure out why it's not working for some/all people, and will let you know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We are shopping for a 2020 Outback or Ascent. (Subaru #6 starting in 1992) While comparing at the dealership last week we used the badge wave hands free on the Outback to open the hatch. This was WAY better than the old foot kick dance on our full size SUV. While looking at the Ascent we tried it. No Go. The Sales rep assured us it would work. He retrieved the FOB and tried it several times. We had a good laugh. This is not a feature on the Ascent. (But he was right about the 19 cup/bottle holders.) Just one more little thing pushing us towards the Outback. But BOTH were awesome. I still miss my 1.8L 1993 Loyale Wagon.. That vehicle changed our lives. Subaru has come a long way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Has anyone tried this yet?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I could have sworn that 2 different salesman at 2 different Subaru dealerships opened the tail gate by waving their hand over the Ascent's Subaru logo. Did I miss them sneakily pressing the button as they swiped the logo? Does Subaru call it hands free because you don't have to manually lift the gate rather than the common understanding everyone else has hands free as in touch free?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts