Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
1,742 Posts
It's a new feature for MY20...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks to Carl Abrams for posting a link to the 2020 Subaru Ascent brochure. Downloading that .pdf and searching for every occurrence of "power rear gate", there are three (3) occurrences.

Page 4 "Power Rear Gate with lock button"
Page 10 "Power Rear Gate with lock button"
Page 12 "Power Rear Gate with automatic close, height memory functions and lock button"

In addition, if I compare those exact pages with the 2019 Subaru Ascent brochure, the only difference is the "with lock button" is not there.

No where in the new 2020 Subaru Ascent brochure does it mention "HANDS-FREE" Power Rear Gate. It is only mentioned one time on the new website update.

Jim_in_PA, what is your confirmation of this new feature in MY20?

Anyone else have confirmation?

Or is this just a website specification error?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the closest I've gotten for confirmation from a sales person that I'm working with.

To answer your questions:

The 2020 Ascent Limited will have Hands free power lift gate as well as the Adaptive Cruise control with lane Centering as new features!

Respectfully,

Taz Azim
Internet Sales Manager
Direct line 408-786-4630 call or text
Stevens Creek Subaru
[email protected]

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now a direct conflict from another Subaru dealer salesperson.

I was able to get confirmation from product training and product development managers that BOTH Lane-Centering AND Hands-Free Power Rear Gate will NOT be on the 2020 Ascent.

Apologies for the confusion.

Dominic Bati
Internet Sales Manager
Putnam Subaru
m: 650-735-1007 (Call/Text)
d: 650-375-3456 (Call Only)
a:
85 California Drive, Burlingame, CA, 94010

·
Registered
52 Posts
Are people referring to a lift gate that opens when you pass your foot under the bumper? I dont think it has that feature, at least I haven't seen it in the manual yet. I did try to wave my foot under the bumper a few times and nothing happened

·
Registered
468 Posts
That is a great feature to have. It's like air conditioned seats or automatic cruise control, once you have it, it's hard to give it up

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The video from https://www.subaru.com/2020-outback that introduces the 2020 Subaru Outback provides the best explanation of Subaru's Hands-Free Power Lift Gate at about the 1:20 minute mark.

I don't understand why Subaru's Ascent page so clearly states this feature is available, if you with 2020 Ascents don't seem to have it. Truth in advertising?!?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the Limited and also did the hitch install myself last night - saw no sensors or anything for a hands-free liftgate. I'll try hitting the badge later today. I do like that you can lock the car from the liftgate both inside and out.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Nothing in the manual. I think they just mean that you dont need to physically move the lift gate. I tried hitting the symbol a few times and sweeping my leg under the bumper, other then looking crazy in the parking lot, nothing happened

·
Super Moderator
6,823 Posts
At least some of the trims have it. I will be checking this beautiful blue Limited out in detail on Wednesday.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just tired this on my 2020 Touring and it doesn’t work. Unless tapping the logo is not the way to do it, I’d say this feature is missing.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
"Hands-free" power rear gate does NOT work on my 2020 Subaru Ascent Limited.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You have to touch the symbol? We couldn't find the keys to the recently delivered demo car... the DI took them home on the day I was there.

If you don't mind, if you describe how it works, I'll ask the web team if they can fix it.
It doesn't work at all "HANDS-FREE". It works exactly like the manual states for all MY19 and MY20 Ascents in that you press the button under the Subaru logo to open the power rear gate.

Subaru, PLEASE surprise me and teach me how to use your advertised MY20 "HANDS-FREE" power rear gate feature. Ugh, probably not, so then just fix the website with accurate marketing information.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts