Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Ascent Limited 7 Passenger
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I bought our 2020 Ascent Limited in March 2020 and just bought a new Tahoe 2150 deck boat a couple weekends ago. The average package weight of this boat is listed as 4615 lbs. We towed it from Tyler, TX to Waco, TX (about 2.5 hours normally across hilly terrain). We drove up to 70 mph no problem but the Ascent is a 4 cylinder so it used quite a big of gas to do it and we had to stop once on the way home to get more gas for the Ascent. No problems on the road or steering though. In Waco we added more fuel to the boat and took it straight to the boat ramp to put it in the water, no problems with that. We are keeping the boat at a local marina so we haven't pulled it out of the water yet. We're a little nervous about doing that actually but not sure why. Our Ascent pulled the boat up steep hills on the initial drive with ease and we had to make adjustments on the boat ramp which included driving back up the ramp partially and it did it with ease. We did put the Ascent into X-mode on the ramp just to be safe and it performed very well. We have a Silverado pick up to use also if we feel even a little uneasy about the Ascent pulling the boat out but I think it will do just fine!

I hope this helps anybody that's curious about the Ascent's tow capacity.

Water transportation Vehicle Speedboat Boat Boat trailer Vehicle Boat Car Boating Sea

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I would rather pull out a boat with an AWD Subaru than with a 2wd pickup. I have had my share of spinning wheels to get a boat out with a pickup that has an open differential in my youth. Usually my friends would jump in the back to add weight to the rear wheels, we were so used to it that it seemed almost normal.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Ascent Limited 7 Passenger
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@AscentLimited7 any issues with RAB when backing it down the ramp?
The RAB got us at the gas station in Waco when backing away from the pump and brought us to a very sudden stop. We knew that would be a problem so we called the dealership and they told us how to deactivate it before going to the ramp. We turned RAB off at the ramp and had no problems with it.

To turn it off, when you shift into reverse and the rear camera screen comes up, RAB icon is shown in the bottom left corner. Press and hold your finger on the RAB icon until it turns off (about 3-4 seconds).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts