Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really!?!
The 2019 and 2020 Foresters offer 8-way power passenger seat. And now the 2020 Outback and Legacy do to. I would think for 2020 that Subaru would of offered a better than 4-way passenger seat in their biggest, semi luxury, most expensive vehicle offering.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
The update cycle is 5 years for each model and some model schedules offset from each other. Minor changes can be incorporated each year. Increasing the cost of the Ascent for year two in order to incorporate an improved seat would not be prudent at this time. The market for the Ascent as a leader needs to be firmly established before these types of changes. The competition is coming hard and fast from both ends as this vehicles continues to take market share from above and below its class.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Our 2016 forester limited didn’t even come power seat for pass ... lol ...

2019 forester limited with power 8way passesnger seat is luxury level - such a big jump from previous gen; very cool

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The update cycle is 5 years for each model and some model schedules offset from each other. Minor changes can be incorporated each year. Increasing the cost of the Ascent for year two in order to incorporate an improved seat would not be prudent at this time. The market for the Ascent as a leader needs to be firmly established before these types of changes. The competition is coming hard and fast from both ends as this vehicles continues to take market share from above and below its class.
5 Years to wait for a 8-way power passenger seat...meh. I should of looked at the window sticker closer. :confused:

·
Registered
680 Posts
Most of the cars in the competitive set only have 4 or 6-way passenger seats ( and driver seats, in some cases). It's fairly common at this price range that the passenger seat would have fewer adjustments than the driver seat.
Always be careful and read the window sticker. and if the dealer is locating a car for you, don't sign anything until you see what options are on the car.
We are looking at cars that are somewhat more expensive than the Ascent for our next purchase, and some of them, even optioned to $70k, don't have adaptive cruise control or ventilated seats ( oh, the suffering!!).

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm just glad my head isn't practically IN the ceiling liner like it was when I'd let my wife drive our '14 Forester. That passenger seat was crazy high and not adjustable.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Our 2016 forester limited didn’t even come power seat for pass ... lol ...

2019 forester limited with power 8way passesnger seat is luxury level - such a big jump from previous gen; very cool
I thought only the Touring Forester has the 8-way passenger seat?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any rumor of subaru bringing more than the ridiculous 4 way power passenger seat to reality on the ascent? Even their smaller cars have height adjustment and this is a large vehicle that needs it! Shocking ommision.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Will they get a proper power passenger seat with height adjust on the new ascent,? Huge misstep here. It needs it!!!! Bring power height and lumbar!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Deal breaker for me. Wife needs height adjust on the passenger side. They blew it on such a large car. I have a friend that passed for the same reason on the ascent. Maybe in 3 years when we are looking again they will have it added.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
581 Posts
Deal breaker for me. Wife needs height adjust on the passenger side. They blew it on such a large car. I have a friend that passed for the same reason on the ascent. Maybe in 3 years when we are looking again they will have it added.
The so-called 4 way (I call it 2 way because forward and backward on the track is just Distance and forward and back on the seat back is just Angle). EVERY other comparable that I looked at had height and lumbar also. In the end we went with the Ascent Touring and I find that the passenger seat is actually more comfortable than the drivers seat. My wife and I are height challenged and neither of us feel like we're sitting in a hole and the back support doesn't need adjustment for us either.

Ask for a 24 hour test drive and be sure to spend some time in the passenger seat. You might be pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
2020 CWP Touring
671 Posts
I'm now often a passenger in our Ascent, as our oldest daughter is now a student driver. I agree with you, @Titanrx8 . Somehow, the passenger seat seems to be at least as comfortable as the driver seat! I do love the extendable thigh support on the driver seat, and missed that in a big way when I had a loaner Forester...but the Ascent's seats are large enough that the lack of this sliding support isn't as apparent in the passenger seat.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well the wife is 5'0...I guess we will have to see again on the long term test drive.. seems such a simple fix that still hasn't been done.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
2,830 Posts
The nearly $60K Grand Cherokee I previously drove didn't have height adjustment on the passenger seat...

I will admit that's I'd certainly appreciate that feature as I prefer to sit higher anyway...my driver seat is always up all the way and I'm 5'10.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I sat in the passenger seat yesterday for the 1st time about a year and a half. I wish it were far more adjustable, I felt like I was slipping forward out of the seat. My wife has commented on that as well, as she is usually the one sitting there.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
581 Posts
other models are international , so they don't have to make new parts ... Ascent just in US
I think you nailed it. That makes sense. Multi-adjustable right side seats are the driver's seat in right-drive locales.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts