Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just closed a deal on a 2020 Touring and found the information in this forum very helpful in orienting me to realistic/fair pricing on both the car itself and the Subaru Gold Plus warranty - so thanks for that. Wanted to pay it forward and post my deal for others' reference. I'm not pretending to be a master negotiator or anything, but this is what I landed on after reaching out for pricing to four different dealers and a little bit of making them match each others' best pricing for each component.

MSRP: $46,800
discount: $5,000
Car total pre-tax/license/fees: $41,800

Subaru Gold Plus 8y/120k/$0 deductible plan: $2,350

I'm happy with the outcome, had an all-around good experience, and arrived at what seems like a fair deal with minimal headache.

Thanks for the info, look forward to joining in the discussion.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all, just closed a deal on a 2020 Touring and found the information in this forum very helpful in orienting me to realistic/fair pricing on both the car itself and the Subaru Gold Plus warranty - so thanks for that. Wanted to pay it forward and post my deal for others' reference. I'm not pretending to be a master negotiator or anything, but this is what I landed on after reaching out for pricing to four different dealers and a little bit of making them match each others' best pricing for each component.

MSRP: $46,800
discount: $5,000
Car total pre-tax/license/fees: $41,800

Subaru Gold Plus 8y/120k/$0 deductible plan: $2,350

I'm happy with the outcome, had an all-around good experience, and arrived at what seems like a fair deal with minimal headache.

Thanks for the info, look forward to joining in the discussion.
Ext Warranty way too high...saw others post that they got 10 yr....100k warranty for around $1600.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. The quotes I got for the 10/100 were slightly lower.. $2,000 range, which led me to believe the 8/120 was more expensive, but heck if I know.

I’m also in California, so apparently the online dealers like Planet that typically have the best pricing won’t sell to me, so I’m a bit of a captive audience. One dealer quoted nearly $5k for both of them... that was worth a good chuckle.

·
Registered
561 Posts
You are right nikko; California has a law that manufacturers can not sell extended warranties from out of state dealers. I too live in California and it really blows to hear all the great deals others, like EDW quoted that we can't access. I bought extended warranties on the last 3 Subaru's I owned and never needed them, so this time around, I decided to forego or at least delay purchase of one. I trade in/up every 4 years anyway, I'm willing to risk it, figuring I'll know long before if I'll need to buy a warranty.
There's some good facts to keep in mind about warranties. You can change your mind and only pay the prorated portion. Unused portion value is refunded upon trade-in and is transferable if privately sold. You can wait on buying the warranty until closer to the 3 year/36,000 mile factory warranty. Of course the price could go up and you can't finance the cost, amortizing it's cost over the life of the car's loan.

As far as the price you got the Touring Ascent for, sounds like a great deal. About $2,000 less than I was quoted for a Touring. I went with the Premium as I could not rationalize the extra $10,000 I was quoted for the upgrades for my uses. Instead I spent around $2,000 in parts and did the installs myself. What dealer did you get yours from? I'm in Placerville, got mine from Shingle Springs Subaru. Great dealer, the service department is top notch too. My last 3 Subaru's all from the same salesman. It says a lot about a dealership when the salesmen can make a career at one business.

Anyways, congrats on your new Subaru! Post some photos when you get the chance.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yes...thats close to to what I got as well...in the bay area (but had to drive a bit outside to get the car)...so you are in a good range...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.