Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm new to forum because my wife wants a new 2020 Ascent. I am on the fence as I see lots of problems addressed here. In 2013 bought wife a New Merc Benz 350 ML and it was a piece of crap, so I'm reluctant to try with a new SUV with so many reported problems. I am a Honda guy with great experience with Pilot and my new Ridgeline and seriously consider a Honda Pilot instead of the Ascent for her. Any opinions from you 2020 Ascent owners would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I am on the fence as I see lots of problems addressed here
Internet forums are always heavy on complaints compared to praises...folks with the latter are out driving and enjoying. It's the same in every other vehicle forum, too. Early issues have been or are being addressed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We purchased our 2020 Ascent Touring in August of ‘19 as well. We have nearly 13k in it and she’s amazing! We had our first significant snowfall this weekend and my husband was super impressed with the Ascent! We have had ZERO issues and the only thing that was ‘different’ or took some getting use to was the CVT. I’ve driven GM/Ford vehicles for the last 25 years and it took a good month or so to get the hang of it truthfully. We are a family of 5, kids are 12, 11 and 8. I am throughly impressed with the gas mileage and the only negative is the cup holders. We purchased some aftermarket cup holder thing that does the trick.

Since this is my daily driver but also our family vehicle, I did an enormous about of research and the Ascent fit the bill.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We purchased our 2020 Ascent Touring in August of ‘19 as well. We have nearly 13k in it and she’s amazing! We had our first significant snowfall this weekend and my husband was super impressed with the Ascent! We have had ZERO issues and the only thing that was ‘different’ or took some getting use to was the CVT. I’ve driven GM/Ford vehicles for the last 25 years and it took a good month or so to get the hang of it truthfully. We are a family of 5, kids are 12, 11 and 8. I am throughly impressed with the gas mileage and the only negative is the cup holders. We purchased some aftermarket cup holder thing that does the trick.

Since this is my daily driver but also our family vehicle, I did an enormous about of research and the Ascent fit the bill.
We have almost 19k on ours, and we are family of six. We have not had a single issue with ours either. We love the space, and it handles ice and snow wonderfully. We are way up in the northwest corner of North Dakota and this past week it has been in the -20s without the wind-chill. Always starts right up. We love it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts