Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in central,Pa where anti-skid material and salt are put on the roads. This material is being thrown up by rear tires and getting in around the rubber wheel well seal and is laying between seal and painted area of car. This will eventually cause scratching and rusting. Also material is laying on flat piece of rubber running along bottom inside of rear doors and adhering to back inside edge of doors. Took car to Subaru dealership and was told as long as it wasn't a problem company identified, there was nothing they could do. Every time I drive after roads are treated I have to use a garden sprayer to flush anti-skid and road salt off from around wheel well seal and back edge and bottom of door. It seems like everyone that owns an Ascent should be having this same issue. Need a wheel-well seal redesign.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I’ve noticed road gunk gets up in a little higher than it should on the front doors too. It’s on the car side I’ve noticed, not the actual door.
The ‘14 Forester was the first Subaru where they finally fixed the “getting the pant legs dirty” thing getting in and out of a freshly dirtied car. It worked on the 4 years of that body - really worked. Not a speck of dirt in the lower, bottom door jam - and Subaru was proud of it.
This isn’t the case with the Ascent - they’ve taken a step back here.
Multiple times now, I’ve had that whole length of front lower door jam, way at the bottom, not in the sill, covered in fresh, wet road grime.
That was SO nice in keeping you and the vehicle clean getting in and out of the car, wish the Ascent was better in this area. Being bigger, it actually needs it more.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts