Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Less clear...

According to above information Subaru's 2020 models now support Apple's CarPlay connected Wireless.
However, I have had no success in getting Subaru 2020 Ascent Limited Infotainment system to connected to CarPlay via BlueTooth.
Wondering now, if by Wireless, they mean Subaru's WiFi Hotspot?

I have tried using Subaru's StarLink, but it is mess. Every time we try to use navigation, it has to go through downloading maps, verifying license, safety acknowledgement, usually taking 3-minutes. Look at radio or get a call, and we have to start navigation all over.

CarPlay is our last hope.

Ascent is great vehicle, but Infotainment system is huge downer.

·
Registered
2020 CWP Touring
1,179 Posts
The first quote, from an independent dealer's website, is not correct. As you've found, the car does not support Apple CarPlay or Android Auto through a wireless connection.

The second quote, from Subaru itself, is correct. The Ascent supports both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, and also supports wireless connection to the headunit (through Bluetooth) for things like wireless calling, playing music (such as through the head unit's Pandora app, which plays "through" a wireless connection to the app on your phone, etc.).

This article, from Tom's Guide, lists the small number of cars that currently support full wireless CarPlay. I'm sure many more vehicles will eventually get there, but few are there today.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,896 Posts
According to above information Subaru's 2020 models now support Apple's CarPlay connected Wireless.
The Ascent, regardless of model year does NOT support wireless CarPlay or AndroidAuto. The quote from Subaru refers to bluetooth pairing.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
I've reached out to Rafferty in the hopes they fix their page soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.