Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there, we have a 2020 accent got it in December. Since then it just decide not to start On three accession. We had to jump it. Subaru dealer can not figure out why. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
11,401 Posts
Hello there, we have a 2020 accent got it in December. Since then it just decide not to start On three accession. We had to jump it. Subaru dealer can not figure out why. Any help would be appreciated.
"decided not to start" - can you please be more descriptive? Did it turn over at all? Did it do nothing? I presume it failed turning over based on the "We had to jump it" comment...

Do you by any chance leave a key next to or in the car, or the hatch open? Have they checked the battery to see if it has a dead cell?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It did not start at all. One time over night. And then one time we where driving an hour then had to stop for gas and had turned it off to put gas and just didn’t want to start. Over night key was I behold with me and when getting g gas was in pocket. So very different times nothing was on or hatch was not open. And the dealer checked twice and have No ideas it very upsetting. For an new car.

·
Administrator
11,401 Posts
It did not start at all. One time over night. And then one time we where driving an hour then had to stop for gas and had turned it off to put gas and just didn’t want to start. Over night key was I behold with me and when getting g gas was in pocket. So very different times nothing was on or hatch was not open. And the dealer checked twice and have No ideas it very upsetting. For an new car.
But did the engine turn over at all?

·
Administrator
11,401 Posts
It was totally dead
Pushbutton or key start? Did the dash board light up?

Most common causes are:
  • It wasn't in park when trying to start
  • It wasn't in park when you turned it "off" (it doesn't turn all the way off if you push the button while in drive).

·
Registered
8 Posts
My wife couldn't start the car (2019 Ascent Limited) the very first time she tried to drive it. On park, but she was NOT stepping on the brake. Wouldn't start, of course. Newbie mistake.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts