Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Few days ago got a call from dealer that my 2019 Ascent is in recall and need to be serviced. I scheduled appointment and went to dealer next day. Believe it or not, but whatever they did with transmission need to be reprogrammed because of falty sensor that could have slip chain on transmission, the stutter/hasitetion is GONE. I tried to reproduce it (and i know how to do it driving it for almost a year now) sitting in traffic, but couldnt. I can feel that transmission is different now. Nice and smooth.
At least for now.

And i wander, why it is just 2019? When this problem exist on all Ascent models?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,904 Posts
If you have not already done so, you may want to visit the Recalls section of this forum for more information. There is extensive discussion of the recall for the harness as well as for the ECU programming which for most folks find has smoothed things out. IE, they did more than one action with your service call. :)

Reactions: Doly

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ECU Reprogramming c1424 was done too.

Well, i cant really say much more than a already have said but it worked out for me perfectly as of now.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,904 Posts
I'm generally "more pleased" since having these applied, but still experience some "over-revving" on hills at low speeds. (places where the speed limit is like 25-35 mph) In those limited cases, my Ascent seems to want to speed up despite my desire to obey the law. :) :D

Reactions: Doly

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
I just got the letter yesterday for nov 2018 build. right one time for the last free oil change
Nice!!! I am trying to wait for my new tires, and next oil change (which fortunately is never far away, lol) before I do PCV and ECU.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Robert, one more question if you dont mind. Do they reprogramm radio which has preset disappearonce problems? I mean mostly i listen radio through bluethooth but if they found tools to fix it i wouldnt mind to take the car back to dealer.

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
Robert, one more question if you dont mind. Do they reprogramm radio which has preset disappearonce problems? I mean mostly i listen radio through bluethooth but if they found tools to fix it i wouldnt mind to take the car back to dealer.
If you ask them, yes. There's an update that fixes that. Do you have navigation?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Few days ago got a call from dealer that my 2019 Ascent is in recall and need to be serviced. I scheduled appointment and went to dealer next day. Believe it or not, but whatever they did with transmission need to be reprogrammed because of falty sensor that could have slip chain on transmission, the stutter/hasitetion is GONE. I tried to reproduce it (and i know how to do it driving it for almost a year now) sitting in traffic, but couldnt. I can feel that transmission is different now. Nice and smooth.
At least for now.

And i wander, why it is just 2019? When this problem exist on all Ascent models?
About to have the recalls completed on my vehicle this Friday. Can't wait for the stutter to be gone as it is really bad when it is cold out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.