Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 Limited Ascent. The radio was changed out by Subaru. The new radio installed have had a few issues; The preset station were saved and disappeared several days later, AM Radio/CD player working simultaneously, Steering Wheel buttons for volume wouldn't function. AM radio and Bluetooth Amazon Music. I was advised that the Verizon Android Cellphone Corded Rapid Charger with cigarette lighter connection caused the problem. I spoke with Verizon they stated there aren't any complaints with the charger or a Subaru. Has anyone had this issue?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,851 Posts
How would a charger that's not even plugged into the head unit affect the system? ;)

Is the replacement head unit on the current firmware? Please post the version that you have currently.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the charger was plugged in and connected to the phone. Yes the radio had the latest software. Additionally another IPhone USB lighting cord was connected to the USB but not in use.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent
195 Posts
On my 2020 the only thing I’ve encountered is upon startup, and backing out of the garage, the audio often cuts in and out a few times. Like it’s having trouble waking up. No issues after that.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,851 Posts
My point about the wireless charger is that there is no connection to the head unit from the 12v accessory plug. So the dealer advice that the charger is causing the head unit problem seems to be bogus to me unless it's creating a major RF storm for some reason. What happens when you remove the device from your vehicle? Do things work properly then?

What version specifically is your head unit's firmware?

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I have a 2019 Limited Ascent. The radio was changed out by Subaru. The new radio installed have had a few issues;
Then you go back to the dealer and tell them it's still not fixed, and to do it again. Call the corporate line and open a customer case, get a number and let them know about your ongoing problem. Once the mothership gets involved, more gets done.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Then you go back to the dealer and tell them it's still not fixed, and to do it again. Call the corporate line and open a customer case, get a number and let them know about your ongoing problem. Once the mothership gets involved, more gets done.
Thank you. Mothership has been involved since the first day I picked u0 the car. Christopher Dickinson Subaru Senior Subaru Advocate

·
Administrator
10,954 Posts
The preset station were saved and disappeared several days later, AM Radio/CD player working simultaneously, Steering Wheel buttons for volume wouldn't function. AM radio and Bluetooth Amazon Music.

Check the firmware version and let me know what it is, please.

Settings->General->System Information.

I just need the Rel..... string

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2019 Limited Ascent. The radio was changed out by Subaru. The new radio installed have had a few issues; The preset station were saved and disappeared several days later, AM Radio/CD player working simultaneously, Steering Wheel buttons for volume wouldn't function. AM radio and Bluetooth Amazon Music. I was advised that the Verizon Android Cellphone Corded Rapid Charger with cigarette lighter connection caused the problem. I spoke with Verizon they stated there aren't any complaints with the charger or a Subaru. Has anyone had this issue?
Yes my Pandora will play at the same time as the am radio. All my preset stations dissapear constantly. I am with T Mobile.

·
Administrator
10,954 Posts
What's your firmware version?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts