Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have had my 2019 Ascent Touring since last May and I have already replaced the battery in the Key Fob twice. It is now at pare with my old 2005 corolla, which took about 7 years before I replaced the first battery and then again about a year ago. Is there something wrong with the Key Fob or is this going to be the norm?

Thanks

Kevin

·
Registered
684 Posts
Ascent key fob is always active , and i think 2005 corolla fob only active if button pressed, they cant be compared...

Ascent fob 15 month - still working

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts
One of mine went dead in a year. The other is going strong.

One key thing is to keep them away from the car when not in use. Otherwise, they'll continuously talk to the car and drain the battery.

Here's how to change the battery in your New Generation Subaru key FOB.

·
Registered
17 Posts
One of mine went dead in a year. The other is going strong.

One key thing is to keep them away from the car when not in use. Otherwise, they'll continuously talk to the car and drain the battery.

Here's how to change the battery in your New Generation Subaru key FOB.

I noticed you use AM Volt batteries instead of the other popular name brands...any reason?

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts
I use many brands. I picked what was high rated at the time. One has an AM Volt (4.6 stars), one has a Celewell (4.5 stars). I also use Energizer (4.7 stars). Primarily, those are my three top choices in the last few years.

I used to do a lot of computer and electronics technician work, so, I've went through hundreds over recent years.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I use many brands. I picked what was high rated at the time. One has an AM Volt (4.6 stars), one has a Celewell (4.5 stars). I also use Energizer (4.7 stars). Primarily, those are my three top choices in the last few years.

I used to do a lot of computer and electronics technician work, so, I've went through hundreds over recent years.

View attachment 7273
Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts

View attachment 7273
Btw, I just changed batteries in both key fobs...super easy!

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts
Yep! Really simple! And I do like the encased and sealed design. I will probably pull apart one of my FOBs and stick a moisture detection sticker in there, and submerge it. I can't get an answer on how water resistant or water proof they are. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts