Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any dealers on here get a 2019 Forester on the lot yet? I am wondering what the specs are for the OEM wheels, such as diameter, width, offset, PCD, offset and load rating. I would also like to know if any of these wheels can clear the calipers on an Ascent. Anybody willing to help the forum out?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Any dealers on here get a 2019 Forester on the lot yet? I am wondering what the specs are for the OEM wheels, such as diameter, width, offset, PCD, offset and load rating. I would also like to know if any of these wheels can clear the calipers on an Ascent. Anybody willing to help the forum out?
I’ll take a look tomorrow for you. I have one in my driveway. The Forester rims appeal to you?
The touring rims are not to my liking. The limited rims are not bad but I’m stuck with the touring rims for now.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ll take a look tomorrow for you. I have one in my driveway. The Forester rims appeal to you?
The touring rims are not to my liking. The limited rims are not bad but I’m stuck with the touring rims for now.
I wouldn't say they are to my liking as far as design, but I want to know about interchangeability. It would help me with my Ascent wheel decisions. If they are the same PCD, perhaps more wheels come on the market for both vehicles soon. Or maybe I can somehow justify keeping 3 sets of rims, knowing that I can put them on my next vehicle :tango_face_wink: Like I can step down to a 17" like Robert did for aggressive all terrains or snows for the Ascent and put them on the Forester in 2 years. Find a good 18" for general use....keep the 20s for "summer", etc.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hopefully the new Forester switched to a 5x114 bolt pattern. The Forester has always been 5x100, so prior Forester wheels won't bolt up to the Ascent. It's already going to be a tight squeeze to try and fit the larger brakes behind a set of Forester wheels.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, it has been confirmed that the 2019 forester pcd is the same as the ascent. 5x114.3 but no news if the 18" will clear the calipers.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Looking at winter wheel options was wondering about the newer Forester wheels. Looks like the 2019 Forester Touring is 18x7, 5x114.3, with a 48mm offset? Anyone confirm this? Any reason to think they wouldn't fit?

·
Super Moderator
6,022 Posts
Looking at winter wheel options was wondering about the newer Forester wheels. Looks like the 2019 Forester Touring is 18x7, 5x114.3, with a 48mm offset? Anyone confirm this? Any reason to think they wouldn't fit?
I'd be surprised if they were load rated high enough. GVWR is 1,100 pounds less. 😔

Offset would work.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'd be surprised if they were load rated high enough. GVWR is 1,100 pounds less. 😔

Offset would work.
Is there any way to find out the OEM specs on something like that?

·
Super Moderator
6,022 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts