Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see other people are unhappy with the gas mileage as I am
I currently get around 15/16 local and 18/19 hwy. Looking for ways to improve it. My other issue is when I have to fill it. I'm averaging around 260 a tank sometimes less sometimes more. When I got the truck I was told ( as well as reading) that the light would go on with about 3 gallons left . But it seems that the light is going on with about 4-4.5 gallons and it when it tells me 0 to empty it only takes 16.4 gallons so there is about 3 gallons in the car when its telling me there is almost none. I was at the dealer today cause the radio stations weren't sa saving told the girl at the desk and shes like yea when light goes on you have 2 gallons left thats why you can only put 16 gal of gas in . I tried to explain that I have waited a lil to add gas till it goes 20 to or when it has said 0 but she didn't get it and I gave up. Does anyone else have the same issue or is this normal?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I see other people are unhappy with the gas mileage as I am
I currently get around 15/16 local and 18/19 hwy. Looking for ways to improve it. My other issue is when I have to fill it. I'm averaging around 260 a tank sometimes less sometimes more. When I got the truck I was told ( as well as reading) that the light would go on with about 3 gallons left . But it seems that the light is going on with about 4-4.5 gallons and it when it tells me 0 to empty it only takes 16.4 gallons so there is about 3 gallons in the car when its telling me there is almost none. I was at the dealer today cause the radio stations weren't sa saving told the girl at the desk and shes like yea when light goes on you have 2 gallons left thats why you can only put 16 gal of gas in . I tried to explain that I have waited a lil to add gas till it goes 20 to or when it has said 0 but she didn't get it and I gave up. Does anyone else have the same issue or is this normal?
I don't have the definite answer and it seems to be something that often gets discussed on Subaru forums.

I don't think the low fuel warning is based on how many gallons you have remaining in the tank. It's more like you have around 60-75 miles left based on your personal MPG. This is based on my observations with two Subarus that get different MPG.

We've got an entire subforum on the subject of fuel economy - lots of reading material.
https://www.ascentforums.com/forum/133-subaru-ascent-mpg-fuel-economy/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.