Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Sunday (of course) our trunk locked up on our 2019 Subaru Ascent and along with that a high pitched alarm went off. Can not get the trunk to unlock or to shut the alarm. According to the manual we removed access door on the inside of hatch and tried to move the lever to right with no success. Very annoying. I drove it to the dealer about 30 miles away and left it there with the key in the drop box. Has anyone else experienced this. Also does anyone know of a way to start the car with a key just in case. Some cars have a way to start these push button starters with a key in the event the FOB does not work. In our Lincoln the access was in the front compartment between the driver and passenger seat.

·
Registered
639 Posts
On Sunday (of course) our trunk locked up on our 2019 Subaru Ascent and along with that a high pitched alarm went off. Can not get the trunk to unlock or to shut the alarm. According to the manual we removed access door on the inside of hatch and tried to move the lever to right with no success. Very annoying. I drove it to the dealer about 30 miles away and left it there with the key in the drop box. Has anyone else experienced this. Also does anyone know of a way to start the car with a key just in case. Some cars have a way to start these push button starters with a key in the event the FOB does not work. In our Lincoln the access was in the front compartment between the driver and passenger seat.
Nope, sorry can't help you here. Haven't had any issues with my power rear gate.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I just experienced this right now and cannot bring it to the dealer... will have to wait until tomorrow afternoon after my morning colonoscopy.

Now that this thread is 7 months old anyone have any more ideas?

I have push button start and am able to drive the car.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I just experienced this right now and cannot bring it to the dealer... will have to wait until tomorrow afternoon after my morning colonoscopy.

Now that this thread is 7 months old anyone have any more ideas?

I have push button start and am able to drive the car.
Ok so I solved this issue myself. As I suspected, cutting off power to the vehicle did the trick and reset the alarm. You can do this by disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery with a 10mm socket wrench.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts