Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The transmission went out a with a little over 6000 miles on our new Ascent. It took two weeks to get new one installed. They told us they noticed the shocks were also bad and had to replace those too. From the first day we got it back we noticed an odd burning smell when we pulled into the garage. Two days later a terrible burning smell wafted into the house from the garage. When we opened the door there was smoke in the garage. Took it back in the next day. Subaru told us the transmission was leaking, gave us a loaner and now waiting for the next verdict. Our local dealer has been great so far. Warranty covered everything including the first rental car and now the loaner. BTW, they told us they have had several Ascents in transmission issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Ascent transmission just died yesterday after 12,000 miles. I was lucky to drive it back to dealership. They just told me 2-3 weeks for new trans. I was a slight risk buying a new model.. even though a Subaru. Funny thing, last week, the exact same thing happened to my 2010 Forester. I needed AAA tow back to dealership. Fortunately, only fluid lines needed replaced & flushed. What are the odds?

·
Administrator
10,954 Posts
My Ascent transmission just died yesterday after 12,000 miles. I was lucky to drive it back to dealership. They just told me 2-3 weeks for new trans. I was a slight risk buying a new model.. even though a Subaru. Funny thing, last week, the exact same thing happened to my 2010 Forester. I needed AAA tow back to dealership. Fortunately, only fluid lines needed replaced & flushed. What are the odds?
What's your build date? It will be on the B Pillar next to the air pressure sticker.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Car at dealership now. I physically received the car 7/22/18, and it was shipped directly from assembly, so, I assume built in June-July 2018.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts