Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife just took delivery of a '19 Ascent Touring. She has the Starlink application and can remote start the vehicle. When she enters the running car, she cannot shift out of park unless she stops the engine and restarts it. I'm thinking we're missing something here; how can you begin normal driving operation of the vehicle without restarting it when using the Starlink to remote start it? Any guidance would be appreciated.

·
Registered
271 Posts
The screen should tell you “to resume normal operation, press start button” or something to that effect. The manual or Starlink manual can elaborate more on the subject.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm, I'll have to check that. I don't recall seeing anything like that last night. I'll check tonight and report back.
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2,457 Posts
@Lumasand is correct. Check the dash display and it should tell you to press the brake first, then the start/stop button. The engine will stay running and it’ll let you shift out of park

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.