Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Six weeks in, and still enjoying the new Ascent ride. Can't wait to take it up to our place in the mountains this winter.

Likes - Eyesight, cabin interior well laid out, love the full length moon roof, rear-tailgate open from the FOB/dashboard button/tailgate button. Our dog loves it.

Still figuring out: How does driver turn on all interior lights? Is there anyway to crank the car with a key if the FOB is dead/lost? There sure are a LOT of buttons on the steering wheel.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Congrats. Great Ascent. My wife and I enjoy ours.

I don’t think there is a way to turn on all interior lights with a single switch but I sure hope someone proves me wrong.

You can remote start with the phone app but you won’t go anywhere. I am wondering now is there a warning to a fob battery draining.

The steering wheel buttons are a bit intimidating at first but you will get used to them quickly.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premium
366 Posts
The owner's manual explains the procedure for starting the car if the fob battery is low, though I can't remember the exact page. It involves holding the fob right up to the start button. However, if the fob is lost I don't think there is a way. As the previous poster stated, you can remote start the car using the MySubaru app, assuming you have a subscription for the Starlink Safety and Security Plus feature, but the car will turn off after running for around ten minutes, unless you get in with your fob. Without a fob I think you're out of luck, but look forward to hearing other peoples' thoughts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts