Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Trouble with wipers in auto setting. First the wipers stopped coming on in the auto setting when it rained, wouldn't even work in auto setting. Noticed the grn light on dash isn't lit when I have the wiper in auto mode. Then one day they activated BUT it wasn't raining. So basically the wipers work and activate when it is dry out. The sensor had been changed but still have same issue. Any suggestions before I go back to dealer. FYI my windshield was replaced and calibration was done.

·
Administrator
7,778 Posts
Trouble with wipers in auto setting. First the wipers stopped coming on in the auto setting when it rained, wouldn't even work in auto setting. Noticed the grn light on dash isn't lit when I have the wiper in auto mode. Then one day they activated BUT it wasn't raining. So basically the wipers work and activate when it is dry out. The sensor had been changed but still have same issue. Any suggestions before I go back to dealer. FYI my windshield was replaced and calibration was done.
Please post a photo of the rain sensor. Also please post a second one if possible, when it's raining and the sensor isn't working.

·
Administrator
7,778 Posts
Ok, it is dark out now so I will post a pic tomorrow. Sorry I was a little slow in responding.
Been here for years, and I'm not going anywhere, so, no rush. :LOL:;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had a similar issue. My fix was the dealership had to exchange something in my eyesight ( the area around my rear view camera. Once they swapped out whatever was bad it works just fine

·
Administrator
7,778 Posts
I had a similar issue. My fix was the dealership had to exchange something in my eyesight ( the area around my rear view camera. Once they swapped out whatever was bad it works just fine
Probably the rain sensor or seal for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts